South African Citizens Only!
Location: Dedisa near Port Elisabeth
Duration: Employment will be approximately 6 months, with probable extension.
Starting Date: February 2015
Salary: R40, 000 – R50, 000 pm, 6 days/week on 45 hours/week base
Allowance: 10,000 Rand/month for accommodation, food and local transportation (the candidate has to pay himself for accommodation, food and transportation).
- Systems alignment, topping up and venting of fluids in tanks and pipes; start and stop of components from Control Room according to the Operating Procedures and the instructions received;
- To maintain the plant within the pre-set operation limits and to recover these limits, also when tests are being performed;
- To identify any fault encountered and, within the scope of competence, to analyse the causes, recommending any corrective step;
- Actions required by the procedures concerning safety (insulation, fencing, protection of electrical equipment, etc.);
- To cooperate with the Test Director in collecting data during the performance of the tests.
- Candidates should be a qualified mechanical technician or ship surveyor with minimum 3+ years experience working on Gas Turbine;
- Commissioning activities - Shift Supervisor/Charge for control room and external operations activities on the plant;
- The technician has to manage the plant from control room during commissioning of the whole plant and its single systems and equipment.
- Min 3-5 years experience within the power generation field is a must.