Senior Design Technologist
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BSc (Eng) / BEng civil engineering.
- Registration with ECSA as a candidate engineer.
- Post-graduate experience of at least 3 to 8 years, specifically in the planning and design of road projects (freeways, interchanges, roads and urban streets).
- Experienced in the use of AutoCad and Civil 3D.
- Good working knowledge of South African geometric design standards.
- Sound knowledge of traffic engineering and planning principles.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills, pro-active, practical and dedicated.
- Project management skills.
- Team member of road planning and design on designated projects.
- Regular liaison and reporting to line manager and business unit manager.
- Produce and supervise the production of designs, technical drawings, reports and documents.
- Undertake the planning and design of road and storm water projects.
- Check all designs, drawings, reports and documents produced in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System’s (QMS) requirements.
- Oversee own projects to ensure that they are controlled, adhere to quality standards and budget, and are on time.
- Ensure deliverables meet client’s requirements.
- Marketing and project-related liaison with clients.
- Prepare tender documentation for road contracts as required.
- Mentor graduate engineers, technologist and technicians.