Title: Financial Controller (AA/EE)
Area: Johannesburg North
Salary: R 900 000.00 – R 1 200 000.00 ctc
My client is an international giant in the chemicals sector; sink your teeth into a challenging Financial Controller role in an environment that will leave you satisfied at the end of each working day.
Qualified CA (SA).
Skills & Experience:
10 years of finance experience including relevant accounting experience.
Solid knowledge of US GAAP and Local GAAP.
Prior Assignment in at least two of the following areas: Internal or External Audit, Business Finance,
Fluent in English is mandatory. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
South African citizens only.
Purpose of the role:
· The Financial Controller is accountable for the delivery of all controllership activities for the Company’s South Africa legal entity and other small ones in the region. This includes Financial Accounting, Reporting and Internal Controls.
· This position acts as the Controllership interface with the Site Leadership and External Authorities (incl. External Auditors).
· As integral part of this role, the Financial Controller works directly with the local organizations (Functions, Businesses and Local Leadership) on all matters relative to the financial statements and acts as the steward of internal controls in all areas.
Position Main Responsibilities:
· Overall responsibility to ensure company’s internal and external financial statements are prepared timely in accordance with local and US GAAP reporting regulations as well as internal company policies and procedures.
· Ensure that an effective and efficient control environment is in place for the legal entities, in line with Sarbanes-Oxley as well as Company’s Internal Control Standards Manual.
· Managing relationships with external auditors as well as internal audit for finance and internal control related matters.
· Responsible for the direct supervision of local controllership team and provide required functional guidance.
· Provide oversight and act as liaison between the local organizations and Service Centers for all the Record-to-Report processes.
· Maintain and improve accounting processes with special focus on efficiency of month end processes.
· Maintain sound understanding of local entities´ underlying business and external regulatory environment to ensure continued adequacy of accounting treatments and effectiveness of control environment.
Other Specific Responsibilities:
· Represent Finance in all matters related to Country Financials, Internal Controls, and governance and, for this, link as appropriate with all other Finance Competencies operating remotely.
· Provide necessary support in case of external tax audits.
· Financial review of the key contracts engaging the legal entity.
· Coordinate with internal legal counsel in the review of legal cases and connect with external counsel, when required, to secure the legal position of the legal entities.
· Provide, together with Local Leadership, ongoing tone at the top within local organizations on Core Values and Internal Controls and ensure that appropriate governance structure is in place to allow an adequate control environment.
· Building sustainable customer relationships to respond quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems.
· Communicating with impact to deliver clear messages and to make complex issues meaningful and framed in line with audience's experience, background.
· Decision making in order to identify key issues and develop best course of action.
· Mobilizing resources to manage staff and resources consistent with organizational goals.
· Business acumen to understand the organization’s business model, structure, systems, processes and to interpret relevant financial data.
· Broad Knowledge of country Legal and Regulatory Compliance processes, including application of laws and regulations, legal aspects of contractual agreements and their relevance in financial transactions.
· Broad Accounting knowledge (US GAAP, Local GAAP).
· Knowledge of end-to-end processes and how they feed into legal entity and business financial statements.
· Overall understanding of transactional and reporting systems and related interdependencies.
· Influencing and negotiation skills.
· Networking, ability to work with Service Centres.
· Multitasks, ability to navigate between different complex matters to quickly identify investigation and resolution paths.
· Strong advisor on Corporate Governance and Ethical behaviour matters.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email email@example.com