The position comprises delivery in the following areas:
- Develop, create and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programmes;
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions;
- Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Create, modify, and test the code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Work from specifications drawn up by business analysts.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Consult with business analysts about software system design and maintenance.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- 2 to 4 years practical experience in ASP.Net web development, preferably with exposure to T-SQL development.
- Knowledge of Oracle BI Publisher
- Relevant tertiary qualification