Critical Performance Areas:
An opportunity exists for a support team lead to work in the Production Support Area. The support team lead will work closely with the business stakeholders, business analysts, development teams, business users, Project teams and the vendors to manage any incidents & requests occurring within the production environment. The candidate’s focus will be to oversee the support of all daily issues, overnight rerun logs and stats, assist with coordinating reruns between FA and BU IT teams and impacted business areas It will include overseeing and in some instances applying the solutions /upgrades implemented in UAT & Production, to our Disaster Recovery (DR) environment and ensuring that procedures are documented and valid, while proactively enhancing the overall performance of the operating platform. The Production support team lead will also be required to coordinate and run DR testing and ensuring all applications are continuously backed up.
Key performance Areas
- Vendor and Client Relationship management i.e. liaising with users, project managers, business analysts, developers and application support.
- Resolve production requests & incidents.
- Proactively communicate new releases and changes to applications and environments
- Generate daily and monthly feed re run stats.
- Own technical operations of reconciliations.
- Where required coordinate reruns.
- Ensure SGE process takes place biweekly.
- Proactively manage monitoring of environments and applications health.
- Understand business processes/workflow and system integration.
- Roll-out of system enhancements and fixes to UAT.
- Request and Incident reporting.
- Analyze incident reports to determine underlying causes of issues and to determine ways in which to proactively prevent their reoccurrence (User training, system enhancements, process reengineering etc.).
- Document resolutions & procedures for knowledge management purposes.
- Manage application specific disaster recovery documentation.
- Perform technical & user testing on behalf of the business units.
- Close alignment to infrastructure and infrastructure changes.
- Assist with and coordinate code blue.
- Available for emergency afterhours support coordination.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree / Diploma
- Basic Server administration on Linux and Oracle environments
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel & SQL
Only South African Citizens will be considered and my client prefers a candidate with investment banking experience.
Cvs can be sent to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org