Senior Accountant- Agro Commodities
- Provide drive and direction within the team to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals, to include invoicing cycles, banking and reconciliations, debtor chasing, purchasing and assisting with Month End processes.
- Provide financial insight and analysis on strategic operational projects, including finance lead/support, where required.
- Support Sales & Development team ensuring cost models are robust and returning required margins
- Cash flow management – reporting and forecasting
- Management of daily banking operations for trade and non-trade transactions
- Accounts receivable and payable management
- Supporting pricing strategy decision through financial implication analysis
- Support the development of financial systems as a tool to deliver group reporting requirements, contributing to solutions that promote standardization, simplification and automation where possible
- Processing of sales and purchase transactions – invoices, SOs, POs
- Reconciliations – Bank, AR, AP and balance sheet accounts
- Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with debt covenants
- Credit Control
- Preparation of the monthly financial & management accounts
- Management of monthly accruals including payroll, prepayments, accruals, GRNI and depreciation for accurate P&L reporting on monthly basis
- Assistance with yearend processes and external audit.
- Monthly VAT submissions
- Month and year end completion and reporting
- To review and develop current processes and systems with a view to ensuring they meet business needs currently and in future and are appropriately documented.
Qualifications & Experience
- CIMA / CA / ACCA / CPA / CMA qualified
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a Senior Finance role in a agro-commodities trading environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working in MIS reporting.
- Time management skills and ability to meet non-negotiable deadlines.
- Experience in handling documentary credits and collections and multiple currency cross border trade transactions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
- Advanced working knowledge of ERP systems
- Experience in using SAP an added advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in managing intercompany reconciliations and resolution processes in multiple currencies
- Great attention to detail, problem solving and query resolution skills.
- Ability to 'think outside the box’
- The ability to build good working relationships with both external and internal suppliers/customers.