Back to Jobs
Assistant General Manager - Business Development
SalaryLocationBangaloreIndustryPharma, Biotech & HealthcareJob Description
Role: Assistant General Manager – Business Development
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- The person will lead a team of 4 Regional Business Development Managers (BDMs) to cover PAN India.
- The person’s focus will be to bring on board organisation, 50 Star Dialysis Centre’s and Chains from all
over the country.
- To bring on Board, 40 Class A Hospitals from all over the country. This will include Corporate Accounts
- Activities should be be planned on an all India basis on how to reach these Centres / Chains / Hospitals / Corporate Accounts.
- Work with Government agencies and explain / educate them of organisation’s activities in the crucial Renal Care sector.
- Identify government tenders and assist Sales team on bids.
- Plan Business Development activities:
- In conjunction with the Field Marketing and Digital Marketing teams.
- The Business Development team will ensure handing over / coordinating with the Sales team for a smooth takeover of customer requirements.
- Utilize data to strategies and prioritise market coverage and conversions.
- Provide data to the Digital Market team on periodic basis for upgradation.
- Educational Qualification: Graduate with MBA in Marketing.
- Experience Required: Atleast 12 to 15 years’ experience in Business Development activities at senior levels for a Medical Consumables organisation.
- Have experience in understanding trends in the Medical Consumables market and track record of leading a team to convey this to Dialysis Centers / Chains / Hospitals / Corporate Accounts.
- Should have experience in increasing sales in key sectors / organisations.
- Work harmoniously with his BDMs and hand over converted sales to the Sales team.
- Should have interacted and networked at senior management levels in healthcare organisations.
- Should have Renal Care and/or Medical Devices product knowledge.
- Should have business aptitude and knowledge of business operations.
- Technical Skills: MS Office, MS Excel, Power Point presentation
- Attributes/ Capabilities: Dedicated and high level of self-motivation, Customer oriented approach, Strong intra-personal skills, Excellent written and communication skills, Problem solving attitude, Negotiation skill, Coordinating and motivating abilities, Energetic and proactive, Creative and Initiative taking, Influencing skills, People management skill, Business skills.