SalaryAttractive Package depends on profileLocationNorth America, Danville, VirginiaIndustryIndustrial, Manufacturing & ChemicalsJob Description
Antal International is a global executive recruitment organization with over 130 offices in more than 30 countries. www.antal.com
Antal is retained to recruit for our client BGF Industries, which is a leading US manufacturer of high-performance fabrics and materials serving the Aerospace, Marine, Filtration, Insulation, Automotive, Electrical/energy, Protection, Medical and Construction industries.
BGF was the first weaver of fiberglass textiles beginning in 1941 as Burlington Glass Fabrics.
In 1988, BGF became a subsidiary of the Porcher Groupe of Badinieres, France.
Today, with sales of over $150M, BGF employs 800 people at six facilities in three states. Manufacturing facilities are located in Virginia and South Carolina and Corporate Headquarters and R&D facility is located in Danville (VA).
BGF Industries is looking for its Head of Market Development NA Technical Textiles/ Composites
Location: BGF HQ – Danville (Virginia) – or home office to any large cities in US - Occasional travel to Altavista, VA
Salary: Attractive package includes fix annual salary + 20% incentives based on performance - Car allowance - Comprehensive medical benefits coverage - Health care and dependent care spending accounts - 401(k) retirement plans
Estimated starting date: Q4/2021 or immediate
Type of Job: FTE - Permanent
Job General scope.
The Head of Market Development NA – Technical Textiles/Composites is responsible for Market analysis, marketing operational strategy, product and market segmentation/ positioning, business development of new products in new markets, by working in close relation with cross-SBU platforms (Sales, R&D, Manufacturing …), from conception through development, implementation, and launch.
This position may have evolution on medium terms to more Sales/Commercial/BDM role with Strategic /key accounts management, including managing a team.
This role reports to the Global Head of Market Development located in France and locally to the president of BGF.
PORCHER INDUSTRIES aspires to be a global supplier of solutions allowing cutting-edge companies in the fields of aerospace and defense, automobile, construction, energy and sport to anticipate technological and functional evolutions regarding the most complex textile, technical and composite materials.
Market dynamics oriented
Job responsibilities / Mission
- Lead cross-functional teams in executing tactical and strategic objectives as part of the Automotive and Aerospace strategy and in others market segments (Sport Leisure – Industry – Building & Construction)
- Project management/marketing oriented – Follow pipeline/Leads opportunities – Explore new market opportunities.
- High appetence in business development. strong hunting approach to open R&D/Innovation doors at tiers1 and OEM and position him/herself in a strategic marketing approach. “first seller” to to promote and assess market responsiveness for new solutions.
- Monitor all marketing and P&Ls budgets to follow marketing progress against budget and goals
- Perform market research, segmentation, Product positioning and competitive analysis (SWOT),
- Provide support to internal and external sales teams via technical presentations, sales training… demonstrations,
- Local Support to R&D/Product development to provide market needs and drive new products to market
- Bachelor’s Degree- Marketing, Business Administration/ MBA (preferred) with technical background
- Minimum 7-10 years experiences in strategic & operational marketing and sales Ideally working in Composites / Technical textiles, reinforcement material.
- Creative, generating new and innovative ideas - Competitive and decisive by nature – Pioneer approach.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, great at establishing connection, present well.
- Autonomy. - Adaptability, flexibility: adapt easily to new markets & technologies
- Strong team player in an international environment, good at collaborating
If you are interested to apply to this position, please send full version of your personal CV for application, address your relevant experiences in Automotive and Aerospace industry. We advise you to provide any additional documents can support your candidacy such as recommendation letter, reference names.