Back to Jobs
Head of Microbiology Laboratory - FOOD
SalaryLocationRomaniaIndustryIndustrial, Manufacturing & ChemicalsJob Description
This a new role - a start up position which offer the opportunity to set up the new LAB from the scratch.
- Organizes the daily operations in the Microbiology Lab regarding personnel, equipment, safety conditions;
- Follows closely the legislation and best practices in the laboratories and proposes initiatives aiming to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the process;
- Ensures the conditions in the laboratory are compliant with accreditation and authorities’ requirements;
- Controls activities of the microbiologists/technicians and other subordinate members of the team to ensure compliance of their performance with the technical norms.
- Verifies, checks and signs all analytical testing documentation in the laboratory;
- Identifies the training needs and actively participates in organizing training for equipment usage and operations procedures.
- Prepares all operational procedures connected with the activity. Actively works with the Quality Manager and ensures the internal company’s rules and quality standards are met.
- Approves technical testing procedures.
- Prepares personnel documentation for the employees in the team: job description, performance appraisal forms, KPIs, etc.
- Actively participates in the execution of the plan prepared by the Quality Manager in connection with the professional testing.
- Analyses together with the team all possible results deviations and identifies solutions
- Is accountable for implementation of the quality assurance system in the laboratory ETC
Key requirements of the most eligible candidate:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a microbiologist in a food laboratory.
- Possible he/she could be a Quality Manager (food or pharmaceuticals) with previous microbiological background/biological educational background.
- Proven track-record as a people manager (minimum 3 years as Quality Manager/Head of Microbiology in Food/Pharma/Research laboratory).
- Knowledge and previous work with ISO 17025:2018, ISO 7218 and ISO 19011;
- Experience in working with complex documentation, requiring focus on details/processes.
- English – advanced level, both written and verbal.
- University degree in Microbiology, biologist or degree from USAMV
- Very energetice and self-driven personality with a good managerial potential for the future.
This role can progress to head of business unit.