SalaryTBDLocationEastern EuropeIndustryInformation TechnologyJob Description
USA Company with a Central Europe software hub .
Fully remote and flexible time schedule - Working as part of the QA team, you will be responsible for the testing of applications including backend and frontend solutions. Your role will be testing and creating automated tests of new and existing services and APIs for new releases of company applications.
We are looking for an Automation QA that will be responsible for the QA and automation across a range of applications and key projects. This role will collaborate with various groups within IT and across the business.
The work agreement is for min 12 months !
- Liaise with the Business/Developers/Product Managers/Release Managers at various stages to determine testing strategy and scope
- Actively participate in test planning sessions and ensure test scope is clear and complete and understood
- Provide accurate estimation for test planning
- Create test cases, BDD specifications and data (manual and automated)
- Ensure that adequate test coverage is provided
- Participate in team meetings and stand ups
- Actively implement robust Test Automation
- Understand, maintain and enhance the existing test automation coverage
- Execute test scripts and analyze and record results
- Identify defects/ anomalies and investigate their cause. Document and track these defects.
- Review log files and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements
- Gain and improve knowledge of systems and functionality
- Train and Mentor new members of the QA team
- Conduct Peer reviews of test artifacts from coverage and correctness perspective
- Suggest testing efficiencies within the team
- Understand and adhere to the GAIN Capital Change Request and QA process
- Coordinate with Service Delivery teams to review release of software to live
- Contribute towards improving the QA process and quality standards across the organization
- Evaluate testing tools and software that can be implemented to aid QA and maximize testing coverage
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing and team building exercises within the QA organization
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology field, focusing on Quality Assurance within the Finance/Capital Market Domain.
- Sound knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Sound knowledge of QA practices and processes
- Experience of testing web, mobile and client-server applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment and BDD
- Experience working in all phases of software testing right from requirements analysis up until QA/UAT sign off and release to live
- Sound Programming fundamentals and C#/.NET knowledge
- SQL Server & T-SQL skills
- Experience in testing (manual and automation) of Mobile, Webservices, Windows services, REST services
- Strong experience in test automation
- Experience in building frameworks, tools and utilities for automating testing tasks
- Experience working with version control, build & deployment and test management tools (GIT, Jira, Jenkins)
- Detail-oriented, demonstrable ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in performance and load testing will be a big plus
- Experience in testing financial applications especially Trading platforms and services and reporting solutions
- Good business/ financial knowledge especially Trading CFDs, spread betting and Forex would be helpful
- Experience working with distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- A degree in Computer Science or related IT experience