Technical Sales Manager - Ruminant
Our client is a progressive, science-based company that specializes in the protection of nutrients and feed additives designed to improve feed efficiency and reduce production costs in animal agriculture. They have continuously improved microencapsulation technology and developed new innovations to provide solutions for the animal production industry. With production facilities based in Italy, they operate internationally directly or through a network of distributors.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Technical Sales Manager - Ruminant to look after the French market. This role will be responsible for providing tech sales support to current and prospects and to demonstrate their product efficacy and establish long term relationships. It will also have further responsibilities for technical support in Europe.
- Represent the organization in a professional manner that provides assurance of the company’s reliability to customers.
- Work with the team to identify new opportunities, customers and establish goals and strategies, as well as to implement actions and meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the product evaluation process, designing studies to the customers, follow-up with data collection and reporting.
- Interface with R&D to identify and develop new products according to market/customer needs
- Provide technical support to customers and resolve customer/product tech problems.
- PhD in nutrition, physiology or a discipline related to dairy/ruminant nutrition and management
- 3 years+ experience in the feed/animal health industry business in the tech sales services
- Strong understanding of the dairy business across France
- Feed Formulation software knowledge.
- French mother tongue, excellent written and verbal knowledge of English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Use of word, powerpoint and excel
- Strong skills in applied research and commercial testing and in statistical analysis
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team working, including interactions with other departments (R&D, quality control, sales etc)
- Ability to recognize opportunities and determine appropriate action in conjunction with the sales team.
Home based position - West of France
Frequent travel (50%+) is required. Most travel will be domestic and European although some international might be required, in accordance with the pandemic situation.