- Effectively manage the Factory operations by directing, and controlling the throughput processes and achieve the production volumes as per plan
- Drive the team to improve manufacturing efficiencies and line speed on a continual basis; Explore options of automation / process improvements and optimize manufacturing costs;
- Drive the engineering team to maintain the machines, production lines and optimize manufacturing costs and machine availability
- Ensure maintenance of proper warehouse set-up and effectively manage the warehouse space.
- Ensure that the entire plant adheres to the GMP and other applicable quality and regulatory guidelines. Facilitate all regulatory and customer audits and ensure implementation of corrective / Preventive action on time.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Review month wise / week wise production plan and ensure proper factory production schedule to meet the sales requirements.
- Ensure production schedules are implemented effectively and quality products delivered on time
- Manage resources including material, machines, people etc, and improve process efficiencies.
- Manage line set-up time, reduce delays, rework, wastage through process improvements
- Monitor and improve employee productivity and achieve volume targets
Manufacturing Facility Management and Cost Optimization
- Evaluate the manufacturing facility requirements based on the business plan.
- Identify gaps in facilities and take steps to improve/ upgrade the facilities.
- Work on constant improvement of automation.
- Monitor and review the engineering services provided to support the production and drive them to improve their services.
- Closely monitor the manufacturing cost heads; Identify value adding / non value adding costs and enable steps to reduce non value adding costs.
- Drive the team to be cost conscious and reduce / eliminate waste where ever possible.
- Be accountable to all expenses in the plant and control the same well within the budget
Projects – Expansion /New facility
- Be part of the project discussion and overall project roll out plan. Clearly evaluate the requirements and ensure that they are incorporated in the overall plan.
- Coordinate with the external projects team and mobilize the resources
- Be part of the techno – commercial negotiation and ensure finalization of fare purchase prices
- Review the external agencies concerned on their performance and on-time completion of work.
TQM / Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma
- Drive TQM / Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma in the plant. Make an overall plan every year on the focus areas.
- Establish a system and process for implementing and reviewing the plant initiatives.
- Ensure conduct of proper training and awareness programmes on these areas for employees at various levels.
- Monitor the implementation process and review effectiveness.
- Ensure continual improvements through these processes in the areas of Quality, cost, delivery, morale and Safety
System / Process Development
- Review process efficiency / effectiveness; Discuss with team, top management and incorporate appropriate improvements and changes in process
- Be part of the cross functional meetings and enable better interaction and understanding between them.
- Establish problem solving mechanisms and work with the cross functional teams to successfully identify and solve problems on time.
- Identify potential leaders within the team; Conduct periodical counselling / coaching sessions to groom leaders
- Identify 2nd level leadership requirements and consciously plan manpower to establish 2nd level leadership.
- Monitor performance of leaders, provide constructive feedback; send them for leadership development programme
- Work out proper rewards and recognition schemes based on performance.
- Work with HR on career development / succession planning and ensure implementation of suitable individual development programmes for potential leaders.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Must be from the Personal Care, Perfumes industry.
- Must have led/managed entire manufacturing units.
- Ideally will have managed no more than 2-3 manufacturing units.
- Should be of a level where they still maintain hands-on involvement with the x2 manufacturing units.
- Should have had experience of working with, or managing molding, vacuum forming, decoration units.
- Must be able to deal with an assortment of automatic, semi-automatic production lines.
- Should have worked on multiple differing product categories.
- Must have a heavy focus on cost saving, via automation and labor utilization techniques.
- Should have experience of working with & implementing quality control systems.