Primary Responsibilities Overview
As with all of their accounting roles, this position is responsible for contributing to the financial reporting, internal control, system development and global consolidation of one of the world’s most exciting companies. Position title and level will be dependent on several factors including range and depth of experience in the accounting profession and degree of professional accomplishments.
A successful candidate will have a background within a big 4 public accounting firm serving one or more of their top clients. For more senior positions they will look for candidates who have also held leadership positions within the corporate accounting team of a public company. They are seeking candidates with a broad range of industry experience and who have been consistently rated at the top of their peer group in their firm’s or company’s performance review process. They are looking for those people who can deliver results and who find ways to raise the bar every day.
A successful candidate is technically strong, relentlessly drives out inefficiencies in everything they do, is innovative and can communicate complex accounting topics, simply.
- Monthly and Quarterly financial reporting processes including account analysis, reconciliations, research and communication with all levels of finance management – including local GAAP to US GAAP analysis and financial statement preparation
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions.
- Monitor business activities, ensure timely identification of accounting and financial reporting matters and help prepare high quality accounting documentation to support our conclusions.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards and determine the impact to the company and work with the US team to implement new accounting standards, as required.
- Assist in the preparation and review of company accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in discussions with business teams to assess the financial accounting treatment of new, emerging, or changing business activities within Europe
- Assist with special projects – there are many of them
- Assist with the data reporting and preparation of European tax filings
- More than 5yrs post qualified experience
- Technically strong on accounting standards
- Fluency in English and a second European language will be a distinct advantage
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal hands-on supervision with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude and flexible approach.
- Familiar with VAT reporting
- Excellent attention to detail, whilst able to identify and prioritize key issues, within the context of meeting accounting and reporting deadlines.
- Experienced in performing hands-on analyses and providing high quality reports and schedules for internal management purposes, audit and tax reporting.
- Strong personal integrity and has the highest ethical standards, along with a sense of humor.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience
You can send your updated resume to Maria Verdu, Antal International Benelux (Amsterdam)-