Worldwide Multinational company is looking to recruit a VAT ANALYST
This is a role of new creation to be based in HQ in Amsterdam. The VAT Analyst will be managing a steadily growing number of VAT/GST returns in the EMEA and APAC region. The VAT Analyst will report to the Senior VAT Manager for Europe and work closely with the Finance and IT departments. The VAT Analyst will ensure that all VAT returns, EC Sales listing and Intrastat returns are submitted on a timely manner.
Preparation of VAT/GST returns, Intrastat returns and EC Sales listings for the company entities in the region in cooperation with external VAT compliance center.
- Support VAT audits
- Manage the VAT recovery and refund process in relation foreign invoices and travel and expenses claims.
- Assist with review of AP and AR invoices.
- Detailed review of AR and AP VAT registers
- Reconciliation of VAT general ledger with VAT reports and VAT returns.
- Instigate VAT payments and follow up VAT refunds.
- Manage the standardization and continuous improvement of VAT compliance.
- Continue to build & update standard VAT procedures and documents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- VAT experience gained in an industry or practice environment (knowledge of EU VAT would be a distinct advantage)
- 3-5 years relevant working experience (i.e. Big-4, GL-Accountant)
- Enthusiast team player, accurate and able to meet tight deadlines.
- The candidate has good knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft AX is an advantage), preferably some (OneSource) Sabrix knowledge
- Fluent in English.
You can send your updated resume to Maria Verdu, Antal International Benelux (Amsterdam)-