Our client, a leading insurer with offices based in Angola is looking for a Head of Corporate Business to join their team.
The role requires someone who will be responsible for defining and supervising the implementation of the global corporate perimeter at the local scale to achieve profitability and development objectives.
Some of the typical responsibilities will look like:
- In charge to define and implement the local strategy of the business unit in alignment with the central team
- Develop and implement profitable growth strategies and market-leading products and services
- Drive profitable and sustainable growth of Property, Engineering, Liabilities, Marine, Specialties, and Agriculture books of business, closely following claims activity trends
- Full P&L responsibility of company Corporate Lines book (excluding Motor and Health)
- Ensure adherence with all underwriting and claims standards and guidelines to ensure rating, pricing, line setting, profitability, and structuring adequacy
Should you wish to apply for the role, we would require you to have the following:
- Engineering degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years underwriting experience in an insurance company
- In-depth technical knowledge of non-life insurance-specific markets, distribution, sales, and distribution techniques.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in all specialist/niche lines of business – Marine, Engineering, Liabilities, Property and Agri.
For more information or to get your hands on the full job profile, get in touch with Benita Tallie, BTallie@antal.com or +2710 442 6844