Our Client is a global leader focused on the Maritime Industry and providing technical solutions and Services. For their offices in Athens, they are looking for an ‘HR Generalist’.
The role reports to the Senior Human Capital Generalist, Europe, and will run the daily functions of the HR department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand the skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attend employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 4-7 years of human resource management experience.
- Proficiency in ADP Workforce Now.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.