On behalf of our Client, a leader in the mining & metals industry, we are looking for a well-experienced:
Production Planning Manager
The ideal candidate would be responsible for leading the group’s production planning: He/she will effectively create & maintain an efficient production plan that meets customer requirements while minimizing production cycle times & effectively utilizing inventory by coordinating & aligning the production plans of the plants of the company through the Sales & Operations Planning procedure (S&OP).
- Performs the production planning in the S&OP procedure (creates mid to long term production /capacity plans).
- Close collaborates with the production planners of the plants to ensure that mid/long term production plans are aligned with short term planning and scheduling.
- Homogenizes, improves and simplifies the production planning and inventory control procedures applied in the different plants of the company.
- Creates capacity models and planning scenarios for each plant.
- Understands the cost aspect of different production alternatives and support the existing optimization procedures.
- Prepares S&OP/KPI reports and communicates performance to the business.
- Close collaborates with all supply related stakeholders (demand planning, logistics, factories, sales, raw materials, etc) physical or remotely.
- Proactively identifies, communicates and resolves potential issues.
- Reports supply risks and shortages.
- Drives inventory reduction and optimization activities to ensure that targets are achieved.
- Strong academic qualifications, Engineering background preferably.
- Working experience of a minimum of 4 years in production planning.
- Excellent English skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience using an MRP system and good IT skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP and SAP BI/APO.
- Excellent understanding of budget development, monitoring and control.