Position: Dean – eCommerce Academy
Reporting: Chief Learning Officer
Location: Bangalore, India
My client is a fast-growing major e-commerce player in India with over 70 million shipments annually.
Collaboration knowledge, sharing and learning across the eco-system are fundamental assets to my client's success.
My client has been stepping up its approach to learning and knowledge management recently through the decision to create an E-Commerce University. It's vision is to position open collaboration and learning as a 21st century business driver towards the entire extended enterprise spectrum..
One of the key pillars of the University is the ecommerce Academy. The brief of the e commerce academy is to be a catalyst for collaboration, sharing and learning across the engineering, product management and business development teams in its vast ecosystem. This position will be tasked with doing whatever is necessary to increase the Knowledge, Skills and Experiences for these groups.
Proposed solutions include setting up communities of practice with badges and recognitions, opening up knowledge channels inside the organisation as well as with external parties, guiding groups towards courses and (curated or co-created resources), setting up social collaboration to enhance speed of learning, creating a modern version of master-apprenticeship models etc.
To make this happen, my client seeks a colleague with superior (and preferably multinational) technology exposure, product management expertise and a passion for people transformation (learning experience is not a necessary criteria, but passion for Learning & Development with business experience certainly is).
The right candidate will have led Product or Technology functions across a mid-large size commerce platform online and will have had experience researching, matching and incepting new technologies across either Product, Technology or Business Development teams across her organization.
Must Have Skills include:
● bias for action
● Passion at work and at home
● Strategic view
● superior stakeholder management
● high IQ and EQ
● Customer delight
● program and project management
● eager to make a difference to the world
● Only settling for world-class
● eagerness to learn
● creative and out of the box thinker
● team player
● to define and implement a strategy for how to best set up a world-class marketplace and ecosystem for accelerated collaboration and learning
● Create 21st century and millennial - proof ways of collaboration, sharing and learning across engineering and product management groups, resulting in increase of speed - and effectiveness to knowledge and competence
● Deploy an output driven learning strategy that is adopting digital learning methodologies in support of a 'speed to knowledge' learning strategy for both internal employees and customers.
● Build & run the e-commerce academy - team of approx. 10 people.
● Design & drive key programs to enable ultra-fast upskilling of people
● Actively work with the relevant groups to ensure proper roll-out, adoption and results
● Drive and take part in transformational projects
● 10 - 15 years work experience
● International exposure
● Authority in android technologies, .com product management or .com business development
● Demonstrated leadership
Educational Qualifications necessary:
● A Software Engineering degree & MBA (preferably from a top-tier institution)