AWS Cloud, Migration Assessment, Migration Readiness Planning and Execution.
We're searching for a Principal Consultant for Migration. This Principal Consultant will engage with customers and provide deep business and technical expertise to help customers and partners design, architect, and implement large migration and modernization programs. We are seeking outcome-driven and customer-obsessed professionals with a balance of deep technical skills and business expertise, who are passionate about:
· Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition for customers to migrate and modernize to the cloud.
· Collaborating across AWS and partner teams to drive and shape solutions that accelerate customer’s business outcomes.
· Working with large scale networks, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
· Maintain C-level relationships with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”.
· Lead and perform migration readiness assessment and planning engagements.
· Guide customers to select the best technical migration approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others) and formulate an effective migration strategy.
· Apply a range of discovery, workload profiling, schema conversion, and live and off-line migration tools
· Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large migration programs. Translate these into professional services proposals.
· Work with technology, business, and finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify cloud migrations.
· Understand and mitigate migration risks faced by telecom technical, operational, and business stakeholders. This includes understanding how to minimize disruptions to marketing, sales, customer support, and operations.
· Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight, and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers
· Work in a complex global organization spanning multiple business units
This is a customer-facing role. You are required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Demonstrable experience in migrating and modernizing applications to virtualized or cloud platforms; covering both technical aspects (applications and databases) and mitigating impact to business users and operations
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (ex. SOX, PCI-DSS, GDPR, compliance, and other security and privacy requirements)
· Experienced in the migration of customer data.
· 5 or more years working in the customer-facing role.
· Demonstrable understanding of migration tools (ex. discovery, workload profiling, schema conversion, and live and off-line migration).
· Has worked in a senior technical leadership role- CTO, CIO, VP, Distinguished Technologist or Engineer, Senior Director, or equivalent.
· 10 or more years involved in software design and development, database architecture, IP networking, and IT operations.
· Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
· BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience
· Willingness to travel between 60-70% annually.
· Experience in refactoring and re-platforming mission-critical databases.
· Experience in open source databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
· Experience in architecting highly available, resilient, fault-tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, and horizontal & vertical scaling.
· Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, business, or relevant fields of study.
· AWS certifications.
· Agile certifications.
· Willing to Travel International.