HEL, Ubuntu, CentOS etc...
Linux / Windows
We are looking for an OS (Linux/Windows) Administrator for our Cloud Operations - Managed Services function who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure. Ultimately, a top-class OS Administrator ensures the smooth running of the customer's operating systems, while maintaining a high level of security and compliance.
Primary Skills as Linux Admin
- Should have good OS administration skills on Linux
- Should have strong OS administration, Managing User / Group Administration skills on Linux.
- Hands-on experience on multiple Linux distributions such as RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS etc...
- Experience in OS installation, hardening, Software, and Patch management
- Logical Volume Manager Administration
- Network OS / SW installation
- Installation and Maintenance of all flavors Linux computer and network systems
- Experience on user creation and management
- Performance, network tuning, and server hardening
- Linux heartbeat Clustering understanding
- OS patching skill
- Hands-on experience on DNS and teaming
- Should have good knowledge of the configuration of webservers and troubleshooting issues
- Good knowledge of Hardening and firewall
Secondary/Desirable Skills as Windows Admin
- Experience on Windows Server and System Administration
- Hands-on experience in administration of Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 server
- Hands-on knowledge on Installation of new / rebuilding existing servers and configure services, settings, directories, storage, etc
- Knowledge in configuration and troubleshooting of Window OS, Cluster, Active Directory, DNS
- Performance tuning and Capacity management experience
- Experience with Windows-(7, 8 8.1, 10), Windows Server (2008-2019)
- Windows Patching tool and Security patching experience
- Experience on Windows Services, AD, file server, domain policies, windows AD, GPO, IIS, Security groups, DNS DHCP and Networking concepts.
- Certifications MCTS MCSA or any relevant for role is meritorious.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Overall experience of 3-5 years in relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a Linux/Windows Administrator
- Detailed knowledge of OS server setup, deployment, and maintenance
- Ability to create scripts in Perl, Python, and similar languages
- Experience with databases, patch management
- Familiarity with modern operating systems and server platforms
- Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good Team Management skills and able to work as fellow cloud engineers.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Trained/Certified on AWS and ITIL
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Web hosting, DNS Management, Virtual Hosting
- Experience of Linux Systems. Installation, Configuration and maintaining services of LAMP setup (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience about managing cPanel and WordPress sites, DNS, email server (Eg: postfix, iredadmin …) configuration
- Experience in Software and Patch management, Monitor system performance, VPN management, Troubleshoot issues
- set the infrastructure monitoring, backup reporting, and website monitoring alerts
- Infrastructure and Application monitoring across production and non-production platforms
- Familiar with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages (basic shell scripting etc.)
- Familiar with the configuration and maintenance of server and network hardware and peripherals
- Setup security policies for users. A system admin must have a strong grasp of computer, website security (e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems)
- Implements backup and restore management process for Database, Applications, File.