As a Regional Sales Director, India, you will be responsible for demonstrating sales strategy, leadership and general management abilities by assisting your team in identifying, prospecting, closing and growing new account business across India among various industry verticals like IT/ ITES, Manufacturing, Travel and Tourism, BFSI, Energy & Utilities, Government sector, etc.
The Regional Sales Director, India will be expected to ensure that his/her team build a healthy and sustainable pipeline to meet aggressive monthly quotas. The RSD will also hire, train retain and lead the team of sales representatives to over achieve their quotas. This person must have excellent knowledge of the India and established relationships within the regional ecosystems and a strong list of contacts and existing relationships to leverage business opportunities. Additionally, this person must be well connected at C-level executives and have a solid grasp of successful sales strategies within the India region and an understanding of the industry specific requirements therein.
The ideal Regional Sales Director, India will have a balance of strategic and tactical sales expertise. Company’s field sales employs Solutions Selling as a structured methodology for managing the sales process and more accurately forecasting monthly and quarterly business. A proven track record using Solution Selling to effectively develop and close business is a must. Specific experience in leading and mentoring a young team is advantageous.
* Develop and execute the annual and quarterly India go-to-market plan to reach the business results and desired leadership position in our target verticals.
* Lead and develop the India sales, and assist the Service Line management in developing pre-sales technical consulting professional services and account services teams.
* Maximize revenue generation within a set of target verticals.
* Roll-out global and local sales productivity programs.
* Develop executive level relationships within existing customers, target vertical opportunities and sales partners.
* Set the strategy and objectives to achieve the revenue and scorecard objectives established in the India Business Plan.
* Execute a successful partner and alliance strategy and ensure it is effectively structured.
* Meet the India talent acquisition plan to attract and retain world-class professionals.
* Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering (with MBA preferred)
* Overall Experience: 14+ years or equivalent experience
* 8+ years of experience in the IT industry selling enterprise solutions
* 5+ years of sales management, territory management experience, proven ability in building and developing high performance teams
* Proven track record of growing a business and consistently exceeding multi-million USD quota
* Demonstrated sales and general managerial values – ranging from a strong sense of ethics, sales performance, business integration (direct sales, channel sales, services, etc)
* Experience at leading 5+ direct reports
* Able to retain, hire, train and lead a team of sales representatives to over-achieve their quotas
* Specific experience in mentoring a young team advantageous.
* Possess formal sales training in solution selling and/or value and successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs
* Possess strong knowledge of Internet, cloud platform, telecom and networking concepts, demonstrates the ability to discuss them with intelligence and conviction
* Build a range of customer and partner contacts within Company’s target verticals across India
* Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong English communication skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues across a global organization.
* Inspirational leadership - can articulate a clear vision and set the overall strategy and goals for the business. Strategic thinker with skills to execute at the tactical level.