While our new in-house IAM platform (Identity & Access Management) powered by Sailpoint moves from planning to implementation, this global role will play a key part in embedding change across Roche.
Project Manager (PM) for the planning and governance of the software development / customizing project for Sailpoint IdentityIQ platform with SAP
The role will project manage an IT software development / customizing project that aims at integrating existing SAP ERP and SAP BI platforms and processes with an existing corporate identity and access management platform (Sailpoint IdentityIQ).
The job holder will report into the Team Head of IT Infrastructure Project Management and closely collaborate with system owners and process experts from the ERP / BI space to first collect and document user requirements and later track the implementation, testing and user acceptance of the implemented requirements. In order to be successful the business processes related to the Identity and Access management need to be understood in detail, to both align and address the impact to the business and project
Travelling of up to 50% of the work time is required at peaks (mainly Madrid, some travel to San Francisco), working language is English. High proficiency in working virtually is a must.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Project Scope Management:
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives of the project in collaboration with the accountable project sponsor and ensures communication and agreement of project goals, schedule baselines, and strategic direction to all identified stakeholders
Project Stakeholder / Communication Management:
- Is responsible to identify all relevant project stakeholders and to establish and implement an appropriate communication plan to manage their requirements and expectations.
- To work closely with the key stakeholder representatives in managing the expectations and collaboration within the project
- Primarily responsible to deliver the project on approved (baseline) schedule and (baseline) budget, within quality limits, and with the expected benefits as defined at project entry and project baseline gates. In addition to controll and documented change management throughout project delivery, as needed.
- Manage 3rd party software vendor and/or System Integrator resources as needed to ensure project delivery.
- Design and implement improvements where necessary / appropriate to improve operational efficiencies.
- Work closely with the project team, as a team player, in coordinating each aspect of the project and ensuring that each understand and deliver as dictated by their role and responsibilities within the project.
Project Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency (RAID) Management:
- Actively manages risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAID) by carefully assessing potential impacts in collaboration with the respective project teams and proposing appropriate mitigation actions.
- Is also responsible to identify, actively manage and integrate with any dependent projects or activities.
- Ensure timely escalation of any risks or issues to the project steering committee and solution owner.
Project Planning, Tracking, Control & Reporting:
- Creates baseline project schedules and tracks the completion of project deliverables, tasks, activities and milestones.
- Plan, baseline and control costs to ensure projects are completed within approved baseline budget.
- Provides accurate, timely and fit for purpose project status reports using established norms and reporting tools of the portfolio.
- Identify and plan the required resources to ensure successful project execution.
- Ensure that the project follows Roche's Project Management Methodology, meeting the required project and quality deliverables milestones
Team Building & Leadership:
- Identify, acquire, and lead multifunctional, global project teams (project team sizes 15-60).
- Actively manages and addresses the resolution of conflicts within the project team.
- Manage relationships with various technology and business communities to achieve project objectives.
- Ensures and is directly accountable for compliance with project management, portfolio management and CSV policies, guidelines, process tools and reporting standards of the portfolio.
- These norms will include all system qualification/validation state documentation, project documentation and resource forecasting/tracking, financial forecasting/tracking and governance procedures of the portfolio for the specific projects assigned
- Manage the processes required to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval, and ultimate disposition of project information and documentation necessary for successful communications across all stakeholders and any required updates to living system documents for validated systems
- Facilitate project management activities across the entire project management methodology(PMM)
- 7+ years of experience as a successful Information Technology Project Manager using structured project management processes
- Experience in software development / customizing projects, preferably with SAP ERP & BI (Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Intelligence) and/or Sailpoint IdentityIQ
- Experience in IT project management (PM certification a plus)
- Desired: Understanding of OCM and Business Analysis
- Desired: Experience in IAM or other related projects
- Desired: CSV background and experience in working with IT Quality
- Cross-functional communication and negotiation skills; proven track record of handling escalations on all levels IT internally as well as between business and IT
- ITIL Foundation certification or relevant experience in Service Management
- Process definition
- Experience in detailed planning and tracking
- Leadership of external / internal staff
- Experience in virtual, international team settings
- Business-fluid in English, both verbally and in writing
- German and/or Spanish a plus
- Familiar with Google suite preferred
Term: 12 months
Guide pay rate: between 550 – 600 chf