Functions as Project Manager, has management and/or administrative responsibilities for a group. May supervise multi-discipline engineering staff on projects of high complexity, and/or is recognized as a key internal reference point for technical guidance through depth and breadth of knowledge. Responsible for execution of assigned projects. Has some influence for scope of responsibilities within division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage a basic design/FEED/Detailed design work to meet project schedule/quality/cost requirements which would be a design service work or EP/EPC scope.
· Individual contributor with no subordinates.
· Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. List positions receiving direction: discipline engineers.
· Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. List supervised positions: discipline engineers.
· Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
· Typically a minimum of 15 years related work experience (local design institute or foreign engineering firm).
· Be familiar with international codes/standards, experience with Water treatment/EPC is a plus.
· Be good command of English.
Knowledge, Skills and Competency:
· Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
· Advanced knowledge of other disciplines.
· Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
· Advanced industry knowledge and technology trends.
· Advanced knowledge of company quality program.
· Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles.
· Advanced knowledge of procurement & contract administration.
· Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating.
· Advanced knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process.
· Advanced business & financial acumen.
· Advanced knowledge of company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure.
· Advanced knowledge of management techniques & administrative policies, procedures.
· Thorough knowledge of budgeting process.