The candidate will support the Lead to implement APC projects and assist in onsite user training as necessary. The candidate should have a very strong career interest in APC work. The candidate will also be cross trained in ENG skills and expected to execute ENG projects as required.
· Assist the APC Lead Engineer in executing APC projects including assessment, kick-off, pre-test, step-test, design, modeling, configuration, installation and commissioning, post-audit.
· Implement APC technologies as APC Consultant including DMCplus, DMC3 methodologies, Apollo, IQ, SmartStep, , IP.21, Cim-IO.
· Assist in APC studies and provide user training.
· Work with Customer Support and R&D to resolve APC issues.
· Execute Engineering projects including dynamic simulation, reactor modeling, energy studies and optimization projects as required.
· 1 to 3 years of APC experience.
· 2 to 5 years of refining/petrochemical industry experience in plant operations or design/engineering environment.
· Possess a background in process simulation.
· Degree in Chemical Engineering.
· Fluent in English.
· Good communication and writing skills.
· Knowledge of process control, APC, DCS and real-time database technologies will be an advantage.
· Occasional on-site work at 12-13 hours/day and 7 days a week.
· Frequent business travel (50% or more).
· Good team player with strong ability to maintain good working relationship with customers and team members.