The (Sr.) Ethic & Compliance Counsel is responsible to support Greater China E&C Director to develop and implement global, regional and country policies and programs in the Greater China region. The role will act as business partner proactively to advise on key compliance risks, provide training and communication to ensure that the region complies with corporate code of conduct, global & local policies, external laws & regulations and corporate strong commitment to ethics & compliance. The counsel is also expected to act as a proactive advisor to management and staff on, but no limited to, corporate governance, compliance risk management related to business models, external environment and day to day operations by providing timely, professional, practical and objective advice on managing compliance risks and reporting of issues.
1. Business Partner
Close to Business and support implementation of overall ethics and compliance program in assigned BU/region. Be a strategic partner to involve and access the regional management meetings ensuring that the compliance systems, processes and framework are robust, practical and compliant with E&C policy.
2. Risk Assessment and Monitoring
Keep up to date on both internal and external changes in the regulatory and risk environments ensuring prompt identification of emerging/ new compliance risks in the region. Develop communication and risk management plans to address the changing risk environment. Supports compliance risk assessments and provide inputs, support and monitoring of management risk mitigation plans in the region.
(i) Provide policy guidance to the management and staff to help ensure activities are consistent with the E&C program.
(ii) Gather, provide inputs, and develop regional policies and procedures where necessary to address additional regional needs, ensuring policies and procedures are practical and effective to address the key compliance risks. Ensure that these standards are clearly communicated and understood by employees in the region.
4. Culture: Training & Education
Support to develop and deliver compliance trainings, either face to face or online throughout the region. Work to foster compliance awareness, understanding and buy-in at all levels of the organization and help embed a strong compliance culture into the daily activities in the region.
Through ongoing training and communication, ensure employees in the region are aware of their responsibilities in identifying risks and escalating compliance concerns or questions and are familiar with the reporting channels available. Track, report and follow-up on reported issues, actions and trends.
Required Education and/or Experience necessary to qualify for the position:
• Bachelor Degree or above required.
• Work experience – Minimum 10 years of working experience, at least 5 years in Compliance. Relevant professional qualifications in legal, finance and/or audit is required.
• Fluently English and Mandarin both written and verbal
• Strong understanding of the anti-bribery laws in G. China and the United States (FCPA) required.
• Professional business presentation and analytical skills required; Must be proficient in PowerPoint
• Experience in the Healthcare Industry preferred
Required Leadership qualities and other requirements:
• High standards of ethics, good judgment and objective.
• Good and strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
• Strong collaboration skills & able to work with all levels of staff.
• Courage in facing challenges and maturity to tackle and manage conflicts, being resilient under high pressure.
• Proactive, self-motivated and results-oriented
• Logical with good sensitivity and able to resolve problems and courage and wisdom to escalate and seek guidance, where necessary
• Passionate in supporting the organization’s commitment to a strong ethics & compliance culture in everything that we do.
• Some business related travel required within the region.