In order to sustain its growth in Belgium, My client, a fast growing European IT Services company, is URGENTLY looking for a Principal Consultant Network. This position is based in Brussels
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Consultant to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding Networking Consultancy Practice in Belgium, with a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. This role will provide opportunities to deliver network solutions to their key customers in Belgium.
The Principal Consultant will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to their customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery/implementation engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements. As a senior team member a Principal Consultant has responsibility for providing technical leadership to the team and providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies.
- Lead the technical elements of pre-sales responses
- Host customer opportunity / strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial and business perspective
- Provide technical governance of in-flight projects
- Complete technical designs
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Technically manage the design and implementation of large scale solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a single technology solution.
- Identify other service and sales opportunities
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors and Sales Specialists)
- Mentor other consultants
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to design complex enterprise scale complex networking, collaboration and security solutions
- Pre-sales, design and delivery experience across DC infrastructure, Software Defined Networking, Network Virtualisation, Campus LAN, WAN, Application Delivery and Voice, Video and Collaboration solutions
- Strong routing and switching skills
- Good knowledge of the security features and best practices regarding the design and deployment of enterprise scale networking and data centre solutions
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Significant pre-sales experience
- Proven ability in producing excellent documentation for a technical audience
- Ability to develop technology specific business cases
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- Ability to present large internal and external audiences
- To have worked as a lead technical consultant, leading a team of technical consultants in post sales delivery of projects
- To have worked on consultancy assignments within a wide variety of organisations.
- Experience of working within a number of large organisations (more than 1000 IT users)
- Leadership and organisational skills with the ability to provide technical leadership mentoring
- Native Dutch or French speaker and good second language skills with a very good level of English
Desirable Technology / Vendor Experience
- Cisco Systems: Nexus, Catalyst (inc C9000 portfolio, ISE, ACI, Umbrella, StealthWatch, ETA, Viptela
- Cisco wireless
- F5 Networks: BIG-IP, ASM, WAF, AFM, APM
- HP Aruba: Clearpass, Wireless portfolio
- Citrix Netscaler and Netscaler SD-WAN
- AWS: Network architecture and connectivity, including DirectConnect
- Microsoft Azure: Network architecture and connectivity, including ExpressRoute
For further information or application, please reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +32 477216520.