Position summary and primary objectives
The primary responsibilities of the Enterprise Architect are to :
- analyse business mission, vision, strategy, processes and needs of an organization to define related holistic IT strategy and solutions acting as a Trusted Advisor;
- lead the creation of multi-technology solutions across business and service unit level in presales activities acting as a solution architect;
- serve as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in datacentre and cloud infrastructure to perform specialized consulting engagement.
Main duties/Key accountabilities
After an initial familiarization with methodologies and approaches, the Enterprise Architect will :
as Trusted Advisor in a long term relationship with clients :
- understand the client’s business strategy, processes, services and roadmap and map these to information system and technology architectures using multiple architectural views or models;
- conduct strategic transformation consulting engagement based on internal methodology framework to gain “as-is” insight and develop “to-be” enterprise -wide IT architecture covering IT service, application and infrastructure landscape;
- use his understanding of the business to recommend solutions and develop IT roadmap and associated business case that will address the client’s business and systems architecture requirements;
- provide strategic advices for improvement and innovation on IT technologies and services based on his knowledge of recognized reference architecture and models;
- lead “on purpose” virtual team composed of Business Consultants, Technical Architects and/or Service Architects to conduct specific complex engagements ensuring that the quality delivered adheres to both Company and the client’s requirements;
- closely collaborate with the Program Manager and the Service Delivery Manager assigned to the client to deliver state of the art services to guarantee and enhance the long-term relationship with the client;
- support the practice of consulting and enterprise architecture in researching emerging enterprise architecture methodologies, new trends, and best practises associated with them;
- contribute to the improvement of current methodologies, processes and tools;
- act as a mentor for less experienced consultants or architects;
- proactively drive the presales process with clients including meeting participation, proposal writing and presentation;
- document his activities and deliverables;
- work proactively with Sales Team and look for additional business opportunities;
as Solution Architect in presales phase :
- lead, together with specialized subject matter colleagues or third parties, the creation of complex solutions covering all aspects of service, application and infrastructure IT components considering portfolio, methodologies and frameworks;
- participate, as technical coordinator between all involved parties, in the answer of complex RFI, RFQ and/or RFP including typically multiple technologies and/or Lines of Business;
- guarantee the global technical coherency of proposed solutions;
- participate in the elaboration and justification of complex business cases and/or customized pricing models;
- participate actively to the presentation of proposals and be able to justify internally and/or in client facing meeting the choices made for a solution;
- deliver the specification and requirements to allow the smooth execution of proof of concept or pilot;
- be able to handover, including accurate documentation, sold solution to the team that will take care of final design and implementation;
- stay aware of latest IT technology trends and portfolio evolution to be able to integrate them with critical eyes into client solution;
as specialized consultant :
- conduct consultative engagements, in a lead consultant or team member role, with clients to ensure the delivery of assessment services in datacentre and cloud domains. The primary deliverables of these engagements, are composed of an analysis of the client’s current situation including due diligence, proposed solutions for the future together with recommendations for improvement and evolution;
- build and develop business cases based on such assessments and present and explain the value of proposed solutions or recommendations to clients in a consultative manner;
- participate to the design of solution architecture and multi-phased migration programs addressing technology, people, organisation and process changes;
- ensure hand-over of engagement information and pull-through opportunities to internal stakeholders and approved partners;
- develop, support and maintain standardized consultative engagement templates and methodologies in response to reoccurring client needs in application infrastructure/architecture subject matter area;
- perform business development and presales work for opportunities within datacentre and cloud domains.
The Enterprise Architect is mainly engaged with senior client stakeholders in existing key accounts and new accounts.
Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor in ICT at a minimum (Master strongly preferred) and relevant certifications or proved knowledge in TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT and relevant industry leaders such as Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP, Microsoft, VMware, Amazon,….
- Expertise in several domains related to onsite datacentre and public cloud infrastructure like Compute, Storage, Backup, Virtualization, Microservices and containers, Operating System, Public Cloud Services like AWS and Azure, ….
- At least 4 proved years’ experience in architecture functions.
- Strong operational foundation and consulting experience.
- Strong knowledge of IT technologies and willingness to further maintain and broaden this knowledge.
- Ability to provide design and guidance on automation and complex migration to public cloud infrastructure
- Specific knowledge in one or several verticals like industry, Healthcare, Finance and Banking, European Institution,… is an strong advantage.
- French or Dutch as mother tongue and good verbal and written knowledge of the other language as well as English.
III. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Display persuasive and confident presentation.
- Emotional and stress resilience and ability to autonomously achieve challenging goals.
- Clear and persuasive communication (verbal and written).
- Balanced Business and Technology savvy with a strong understanding of both applications, services and infrastructure.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving ability as well as an appreciation for rigour and objectivity.
- Good business acumen allowing identification of business opportunities and our clients’ business needs, and delivery of consultative engagements in line with these.
- Strong personal initiative and a sense for innovation, to identify efficient and competitive solutions to our clients’ needs, as well as new types of engagements and solutions.
- Work flexibility and willingness to travel for a limited period if needed.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, and to drive or lead such teams where opportune.
- Eligible and prepare to obtain NATO clearance if necessary.
- Acting with commitment to the company core values of teamwork, client commitment, professional excellence, integrity, innovation mindset and respect of diversity is essential for a successful career.