Category Manager (m/f)
For our global client, a leading producer of specialty chemicals, we are looking for a Category Manager Raw Materials. Your main responsibility will be to purchase a spectrum of Raw Materials for the company´s EMEA production sites.
Objectives in your job are:
- Conducting a specified portfolio of Raw Materials
- Based on consumer needs, formulating the category strategies
- Performing market analyses and opportunity assessments
For all suppliers in the category you will operate as account manager and contact partner concerning those raw materials for the regional businesses. Furthermore the Category Manager reports to the Global Procurement Director.
The role’s key accountabilities will primarily involve:
- Enhance the total operating costs & participate in projects to improve work processes
- Follow market trends and differentiate developments of potential importance in regard to Raw Materials spend.
- Category Management
- Describe category and supply market, identify potential strategies, negotiate business & conduct contracts
- Benchmark & analyse market dynamics
- Improve the observance to policy, model and suppliers
Essentially for this role:
- Equal functional experience (Purchase/ Procurement, Supply Chain Manager, Senior Buyer) & category experience 3-7 years
- Relevant Master/ Bachelor degree; (commercial/business/ technical)
- Additional Procurement, purchasing certificates
- Experience of category strategy development
- Enthusiastic to achieve changes in an organization
- Identifying leverage opportunities in the category
- Project management & people management skills
- ERP/Microsoft Office skills
- English language and an additional foreign language, both oral and written
- Working for a global leading producer of specialty chemicals
- International working environment
- Market-conform salary
- < 40 days holidays per year
- 13th month bonus plus performance based compensation
- Big career chances: next step opportunity
The position is located in the south-west of The Netherlands.