Role description: Technical Area Sales Manager Composite Resins Belgium/Luxembourg
Our client is one of Europe's largest distributors of premium products for the Composite Industry. The
fast-growing European network of distribution companies already covers Benelux, United Kingdom,
France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway and Finland.
This specialty distributor offers premium products from leading principals such as DSM Composite Resins, BÜFA Composite Systems, PPG Fiber Glass reinforcements, peroxides from Akzo Nobel and United Initiators, 3A composites core materials, Rhodia safe solvents and 3B Continous Filament Mat.
The company brand and identity represents professionalism, premium product quality, technical expertise and reliable logistical support. For customers, this company is the premium one-stop-shop with a complete product range for composite applications
In the area of polyester chemistry and composite technology , we are recruiting a Technical Area Sales manager for Belgium and Luxembourg.
As Area Sales Manager you are responsible for :
- Increasing and defending customer profitability and sales volumes in your sales area
- Building customer relations and providing technical service
- Identifying new sales opportunities
- Orchestrating multifunctional resources internally and externally
- An autonomous and independent position
- Minimum of bureaucracy and reporting
- Room and support for personal and professional growth
- Working with premium products in a premium manufacturing environment
- A dynamic technical sales position with a big and differentiated portfolio
- Excellent package
Promote and sell full product range and services optimizing entrepreneurial result in the defined geographical area.
- Execute the defined SHE and Quality Policies for Commercial sales roles
- Define and propose sales budget and achieve agreed sales budget
- Optimize area potential and actively research for new customers/applications
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the customer to enable opportunities for extra
- growth - selling across the product range and ensure retention of customers
- Ensure that market information is provided to Telesales, Purchasing and others
- Develop action plans, agree allocation of tasks and regularly review area performance
- Provide customer with technical support within defined limits in exchange for sales
- Identify trends, threats and opportunities in the market place including monitoring competitor
- Propose new products to Management
- Co-ordinate activities with Technical service management of suppliers
- Ensure product knowledge is up to date, participate in defined product promotions
- Actively participate in training and act as a trainer (products) to internal staff
- Act as a ‘expert’ in defined expertise areas e.g. Hand lay up and demonstrate
- products/applications to customers
- Proactively visit and communicate with customers and prospects on a regular basisAnalyze
- customer buying patterns
- Maintain a close link with credit control, recommend trading limits and aid in collection of
- overdue outstandings.
- Resolve customer complaint handling for customers and take corrective commercial settlement
- with customers within defined limits.
- Actively coach and develop team members
- Actively participate in regional initiatives related to the industry, such as tradeshows, platforms and networking opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree preferably in a Technical or Commercial discipline
- +5 years of experience either in Polyester/Composite technology related industries or in a Technical commercial role.
- Thorough understanding of the materials used for building composite parts (Resins, Gelcoats, Glasfiber, etc.)
- A drive for new business development and commercial orientation is a must.
- Mother tongue in either Dutch or French. Very good Dutch, French and English skills are essential to communicate with the customers and within the organization.
- Good team player personality, positive working attitude and a high service orientation
- Able and willing to travel locally and visit customers approximately 80% of the time.