MillSMART and Safety Marketing Manager
This position is responsible for developing and executing the overall strategy for the client’s feed milling optimization and safety programs. The Marketing Manager will drive the marketing strategy across the EMENA region (Europe, Middle East and North Africa), and for this strategy execution the person will work in close collaboration with the research department, other marketing team members and the commercial team. The product portfolio to be managed by this function includes the Food Safety program, the feed milling efficiency program, the clients’s mycotoxin control program and the oxidation control program.
This position will lead and support a team of product managers and technical service managers who work on the programs.
The client, a nutritional ingredients manufacturer, is looking for a people leader who has knowledge of the agricultural business and who has a strong technical background in combination with a market oriented and business skillset. Knowledge of the raw material or feed milling sector would be of an advantage.
The candidate must want to work in an international environment, lead a team and be prepared to travel throughout the EMENA region.
- Work in close collaboration with R&D on relevant research projects to develop new innovations
- Coordinate relevant R&D projects and guide the innovation project management
- Responsible to collect feedback from the market in order to develop the innovation strategy
- Develop the strategy and actively support the implementation
- Lead the development and growth of the MillSMART and Safety business platform
- Manage the team, motivating and coaching of the team to achieve short term and long term objective
- Give presentations to customers and at events / seminars
- Provide strategic and budgetary direction for the business activities
- Interact closely with the commercial team to effectively answer customer needs to innovation projects
- Ensure that the marketing support and package is available
- Interact with the other colleagues at WW level within the company to share experiences
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Achieve the budgeted sales & margin for the portfolio
- Through working with the commercial team, define the pricing policy to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Travel frequently throughout the EMENA region
- Educated to degree or higher degree level in a scientific, agricultural or other relevant discipline
- Experience in a technical/scientific environment
- Industrial experience in the agricultural sector
- Professional track record of successfully taking products to market
- Provide leadership to set priorities, delegate responsibilities, and meet timetables leading to the attainment of company’s strategic goals. Strategic thinking in combination with a hands-on practical approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are needed
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels
- Experience in a management role
- A high degree of personal motivation, a desire to make an immediate contribution and a sense of urgency
- Must be fluent in English
This position is based in Belgium.