Human Resources Manager
My client, a global player in the manufacturing of coated paper for flexible packaging and labels, are looking to recruit a HR Manager at their site in Belgium. Due to their diverse range of products, they serve a number of industries such as food, beverage, consumer packaging goods, entertainment to name but a few. In this role, you would be responsible for all HR processes and daily operations for their site in Belgium, ensuring the company’s goals are being met by supporting, implementing and sustaining human resources programs and company initiatives. They are looking for a hands on professional with experience in the different HR areas, can be the sole HR responsible on site and enjoys being part of a plant environment.
- Partners with leadership and site management to align human resources programs with business objectives.
- Promotes a company culture that is consistent with the vision, mission and values of the company.
- Drives employee engagement and retention by working with managers on site and HR peers on other sites to leverage best practices globally.
- Responsible for work councils and unions by working closely together with site management team to sustain the relationship and optimize communication process.
- Reinforces the performance management process, including employee development, training needs and linking this to the compensation philosophy.
- Supports & guides local managers in their business & talent needs that helps drive the business forward.
- Performs full circle recruitment process for blue collar employment and works closely with the internal recruiter for white collar positions.
- Identifies, implements and coordinates employee training and development programs based on the performance management, on boarding & organizational EHS required program.
- Administers compensation, recognition and benefit programs. Evaluates on salary benchmarking and recommends for improvement to remain competitive and fiscally responsible. Leads the annual benefit review process analysing costs and facilitating open enrolment meetings.
- Being able to manage and review the payroll process independently.
- BS or MS degree; minimum professional certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience; Work Council experience is a must and experience in manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Great interpersonal & communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to solve problems independently that procure the company growth.
- Self-starter who takes initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as they work in an environment of growth and change.
- Results-oriented, and ability to work effectively with little supervision.
Travel: typically < 10%
Language: Dutch, English competency