My client is seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to join their amazing team on a 6 month basis.
This is a busy role which requires commitment the duration of the contract.
- Ensure the building are maintained to a high standard
- Ensure all planned maintenance is carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure the buildings comply with all current health and safety regulations.
- Manage and maintain the Facilities CAFM system.
- Liaise with the local authority to ensure all local authority contractors carry out planned and reactive maintenance to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- To be the subject matter expert for the building management system, biomass boilers, door controls and other advanced on site systems. Ensuring they are fully utilised and managed in the most efficient and effective way to ensure streamlined operation of the site.
- To ensure the most efficient and cost effective use of resources and to regularly review approved suppliers. Oversee site deliveries.
- Manage tender and contract procedures, ensuring evidence of best value is maintained.
- To manage the cleaning contractors on site and ensure cleaning standards are finished to a high standard, regularly review the cleaning contract management.
- To manage the security of the site, managing security contractors and to ensure that school buildings are secure..
- Co-ordinate grounds maintenance and roof maintenance to ensure work is complete timely and to a required standard.
- Undertake regular site inspections and manage any remedial actions.
- To be responsible for car parking management and ensure the best and safest use of the carpark.
- To be the Fire Safety Officer ensuring fire systems and equipment are maintained and regular testing and practice evacuations take place.
- Manage the Facilities budget ensuring value for money from all works.
- To be responsible for the management of all out of hours response and on-call responsibilities as and when they arise.
- Ensure that the services provided by the catering functions, including student facilities, are of a high standard and delivered within budget
Health and Safety
- Develop a positive health and safety culture throughout the school.
- Carry out safety tours and inspections on a termly basis.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Ensure staff are aware of their Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place and risk is managed appropriately.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with current legislation.
- Monitor accident and near miss reports
- Produce termly Health and Safety reports, including accident and near miss statistics and highlighting trends.
- Keep up to date with new and updated legislation
- Assist ACE staff to produce and maintain risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Produce and update all relevant policies, procedures and protocols.
- A recognised qualification in Facilities Management or substantial relevant professional experience.Experience of managing a large, modern site.Excellent understanding and experience of implementing health and safety legislation and requirements.Enhanced DBS
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.