At my client, their values define who they are and the way they do business. As a leading professional services firm, they know that their strength and capability come from their people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From their inclusive leadership strategy to their diversity and inclusion targets – they’re making bold changes to who they are and what they do. Be part of it.
My client’s Midlands & South Restructuring team are looking for Senior Managers to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The corporate team where the vacancies exist is made up of approximately 60 people, led by a team of four partners and a five directors, who are looking to bolster the team following a period of substantial activity and growth in certain areas of the business.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work, company side advisory and formal insolvency. The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress. The region covered by the team extends across the East and West Midlands and into the South West from the Thames Valley across to Devon & Cornwall, including South Wales.
The team is not fully aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants, with Senior Managers expected to develop particular focus to aid business development. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
Base location will be Birmingham. Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of the work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To be an effective Senior Manager within the Midlands & South team you will undertake the following:
- Frequently acting as day to day lead for delivery of client advisory projects or significant insolvency work streams, taking the role of a key contact on engagements
- Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including solicitors and contacts at Banks and other lenders)
- Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple work stream delivery
- Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with firm’s engagement management practices
- Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
- Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
- Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
- Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals and client sales presentations
- Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues / challenges faced by businesses in your specialism areas
- Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
- Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams. Note applicants are sought with both advisory or insolvency experience, or a blend of both.
- Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal stakeholders
- Strong commercial and business acumen, with evidence of experience
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’, as well as experience leading teams of colleagues
- For insolvency focussed applicants, relevant qualifications or targeting the same.
- Desire to build wide on existing skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
- Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.