My client, a Big 4, is looking for Assistant Managers to join their Restructuring team. The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The corporate team where the vacancies exist is made up of approximately 60 people, led by a team of four partners and a five directors, who are looking to bolster the team following a period of substantial activity and growth in certain areas of the business.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work, company side advisory and formal insolvency. The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress. The region covered by the team extends across the East and West Midlands.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
My client is currently looking for Assistant Managers to join the team. Roles are available in Birmingham and Nottingham, with opportunities typically located within the Midlands. Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Work alongside case managers and engagement leaders to provide support on the restructuring or insolvency assignments.
Rapid progression to a project management role, taking ownership of the key aspects of cases or managing discreet aspects of larger assignments.
Support the case manager’s production of reports/output on advisory/restructuring projects and all aspects of an insolvency assignment (typically involving trading, liaising with creditors and key stakeholders and sale of business)
Participating in marketing events, together with research and targeting of new client opportunities and development of client proposals. This will include the development of internal and external contacts.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or background in the Restructuring profession.
- Insolvency experience would be beneficial, but not essential given the wide range of work now undertaken by the team.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
- Some corporate advisory experience would be beneficial (either advising to businesses or through other work undertaken in / with corporates).
- Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
- Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.