Salary up to £25,000
An international company based in Bracknell requires a credit controller to contribute towards the smooth functioning of the team by ensuring prompt collection of cash and maintaining the accuracy of Sales Ledger records.
Main duties will include:
- Chasing payment of overdue accounts via phone, email and letter.
- Reducing debt in accordance with pre-agreed targets.
- Dealing with queries both internally and externally to ensure smooth & timely resolution.
- Completing daily banking (BACS & Cheques) to include identification, posting and allocation.
- Taking and processing credit card payments.
- Assessing / updating credit history of existing and new customers, using online credit agency services.
- Opening / setting up new accounts.
- Maintaining / updating customer details to ensure ledger accuracy.
- Reconciliation of accounts where payments have been mis-posted.
- To take 'Ownership' of ledger, ensuring that any issues are progressed / escalated appropriately.
- Reviewing ledger regularly with manager to highlight any problems and agree targets and action going forward.
Requirements for the role:
- Computer literate (Access Dimensions knowledge would be desirable but not essential)
- Excellent/confident verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in Sales Ledger / Credit Control environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.