I am currently seeking an enthusiastic and pro-active individual to join as a new addition to my clients fast pace finance department. Within this role you will be offered a great chance to develop your skills and gain exposure to other areas within accounting.
The role will entail-
- Processing Cashbook entries, reconciling bank data to Finance system for all entities under their responsibility.
- Calculating and processing all monthly journals and account reconciliations for all entities under their responsibility, ensuring accuracy and timeliness in completion. (journals include accruals/prepayments and interest calculations)
- Producing monthly Trial balance analysis and commentary on all entities under their responsibility.
- Producing accurate and meaningful monthly reconciliation of all key nominals.
- Providing back up support for mortgage accounting on an adhoc basis as required.
- Work effectively at team level to support the team so that it meets its objectives and goals on a day to day basis.
- Audit support for year end.
- Manage relationships within the organisation as required to deliver specific role accountability's
- Undertake one-off pieces of work in response to requests from line management
- Opportunity to become acknowledged expert in specific accounting areas (e.g. IFRS9, hedge accounting, EIR)
- When time permits contribute to improving management accounting analysis.
- Excel skills - V-Lookups, Pivot Tables & Sumifs
- Experience in using Oracle, specifically E-Business Suite is desirable however not essential
- AAT/ACCA/CIMA studier or equivalent
- Understanding of double entry and basic accounting terminologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Can-do/Get involved attitude
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and inquisitive
- Open to challenge
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.