Senior Director, Software Development
My client is a technology leader which specialises in software for orthopaedic surgery. They already have an impressive product portfolio in the industry as well as strong platforms for future new product development. Committed to delivering innovative, value-added solutions improving quality of life for patients worldwide.
As part of this commitment and exciting planned growth they have a newly created role for a Senior Director Software Development.
You will be responsible for delivering innovation through computer assisted surgery software by leading the product development organization, common architecture & technology.
Based in France this position will oversee all execution activities and will serve as a bridge between their US sites.
The successful candidate has a strong track record in leadership, product development from concept to commerce in a research and development/ software environment.
Essential experience and background
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or computer science, Masters or other advance degree preferred
- Fluent French
- 10+ years’ experience in building Computer Assisted Surgery systems ideal but not essential
- 10+ years working experience with Software/Web technologies
- 10+ years of leadership experience, preferably with global teams
- Experience with acquisition integration preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in IT product development role with an enterprise software/data analytics/technology organization and experience in software/system architecture design.
- Strong understanding of IT industry working practices and Agile development methodologies
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and hosting technologies and trends
- Expert in cloud technologies with focus on medical devices technology( not essential )
- Highly proficient in compute, storage, networking, and security technologies
- Experienced in leading global engineering teams to deliver SAAS, PAAS available globally
- Expert knowledge of product development processes/systems such as agile with the ability to architect a framework that meets the needs of the business
- Proven record of effective collaboration with peers, subordinates and superiors as well as outside advisors/resources
- Strong cross-functional project leadership, technical and managerial judgment, project planning and management
- Bilingual in French and English
- Approximately 25%
- Travel this role would suit someone who is looking to join a company and be part of a new exciting journey helping shape and deliver the next generation of orthopaedic surgery software