Our client is a global systems integrator and managed services provider for Hybrid IT. They bring together the world’s best technology with the service support which their clients need – from consulting, technical, and support services to a fully managed service. This also includes supporting their clients during their digital business transformation journey.
As part of this strategy they want to accelerate the growth of their automation, DevOps and software-defined infrastructure capability. For this reason, they are looking for an experienced software developer to lead a new Scripting/DevOps team in their Services organisation, and to work jointly with their Sales and Solutions organisations to grow this type of business. The focus of this team will be on creating automations (e.g., using tools such as Ansible, and languages such as Python) and scripts in client projects, or for internal purposes. The team will also provide general DevOps, automation, orchestration and scripting-related competencies to support their clients.
The primary responsibilities of the Software Team Lead are:
- Be the leader of your team, acting as a representative of the management towards the team members, and representing the team members towards the management.
- Be the senior mentor of your team, using your software engineering and development experience to mentor your team members, thereby helping them to grow their own skills in this regard.
- Be the business contact representing your team, working with the Sales and Solutions organisations to correctly position your team's capabilities with the clients, and to further shape and win such opportunities.
In this position you will be required to:
- Practice development and mentoring – You are the driving force behind the development of the scripting/DevOps/automation practice, which is still in an early stage of development, taking into account the broader context of business operations and business portfolio. Such as:
- Key competencies. You will maintain awareness of current trends, and based on that, identify possible new competencies to develop within the team.
- Foundational best practices (and supporting tools if necessary). You will maintain awareness of industry best practices in these domains, where necessary and appropriate create versions adapted to the needs, and make sure that these are then properly deployed (e.g., coding standards, code repository).
- Business development. You will act as the team's single point of contact towards Sales (and related stakeholders), representing their competencies and capabilities. As such, you may accompany Sales to clients to position your team’s capabilities and to spot possible business opportunities, and then work with Sales and Presales to ensure that the client's needs are correctly understood, and then shape, define and win such opportunities.
- Stakeholder management. Generally speaking, as your team's representative, you will manage the team's relationship with other parts of the company, and with other internal stakeholders.
- Delivery management - As a member of the Technical Services leadership, you will be expected to contribute to proper management of delivery as performed by your team and team members. For example:
- Generally ensure that the delivery strives for optimal client satisfaction.
- Coach/mentor team members on project where necessary.
- Participate as a senior team member in delivery where necessary (although this is not considered a key part of your role).
- Contribute to correct management of client escalations and quality issues, together with other stakeholders such as project management, resource management, and overall Services management.
- People management - As a team leader, people management is one of your key roles. You ensure that your team members understand the strategy, and understand and adhere to the corporate values, decisions and policies. You also ensure that your team members maintain and develop their competencies, so that they are able to continue to provide value for the company.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Master degree in IT or Engineering with focus on IT (preferably software)
- Practical work experience in software development, preferable using Python or a similar language
- Real-life knowledge of Python, REST API, XML, Ansible, Chef, Puppet and related technology, database/SQL, Linux, Windows, and exposure to scripting in an infrastructure environment (e.g., Tomcat, Nagios)
- Cloud platform knowledge (AWS, Azure) and knowledge of containers (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Dutch or French as mother tongue, good knowledge of the other language, and strong knowledge of English
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- People management experience is a plus
- Business analysis/requirements analysis is a plus
- Exposure to Agile project methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) is a plus
- ITIL certification is a plus
Contact: Pierre Dagneau +32 477 21 65 20 - firstname.lastname@example.org