Roles and Responsibilities fall into several key areas:
Internal resource planning and sales process
- Provide a clear map for executive engagement, and manage these engagements
- Mapping of extended team across Co e.g. sales management, tech ops, channel management, business units etc. Create a clear escalation plan. Ensure that we manage the account effectively - responding to tactical customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner, while conserving selling resource
- Actively utilise Co’s Value Selling methodology in order to drive consistent internal understanding of account status and also to increase business value that the Co solution will deliver
- Ensure Value Prompter is completed for every opportunity over $100K
- Follow up leads allocated to relevant accounts in a timely fashion
- Engage customer in the Co user groups
- Establish the account as a reference customer in order to drive awareness of customer success in certain technical or vertical situations. Aim for a reference once the contract has been closed – otherwise encourage customer, once successfully implemented, to be a reference at least twice in the year after implementation
- Carry out 1 EBC visit per annum in order to showcase new solutions and open up new conversations
- Provide company with full visibility to business performance and future funnel by accurate utilization of appropriate tools
- Engage the wider Co team to ensure accounts are briefed with future-looking technology and solutions stories
- Create a clear escalation plan when account issues arise. Ensure that the account is managed effectively - responding to tactical customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner, while conserving selling resource.
- Engage Professional Services teams early in account opportunities in order to maximise revenue and increase the business impact of the customer implementation and prevent competitive approaches
Specific Knowledge, Application, Technical and/or Management Skills required:
- Higher Education, min. 4-5 years work experience in the sales area for a recognized company
- Customer focused
- Owns the accounts/market, resolve issues and find best solutions
- Familiar with communications industry/ IP based environment within the respective small-medium size accounts accounts. Knows the competition.
- Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Capable of creating rigorous operation plans complete with goals, accountabilities, timetables, and measures that link to Co EMEA’s overall priorities
- Full of energy for the things seen as challenging.
- Very bottom-line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Looks for innovative, new ways of running business processes
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities
- Able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Able to lead and drive projects
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is constantly and consistently a strong performer
- Is timely with information to aid accurate decision making.
- Effective communication through all management levels
- Standalone, able to be the owner/coordinator of the sales process
- Fluent in English