3 main answers to “Why should I move ?”
- Multinational Company which greatly promotes cultural diversity
- Opportunity to accept EU candidates working full time in Bucharest, Romania
- Stable and steady growing business
Under general supervision of the Continental Europe Regional Tax Manager, the successful candidate will support tax and VAT reporting with a core understanding of prevailing statutory authority and it’s applicability to financial (general ledger) data. Responsible for activities supporting the monthly provisioning process, account reconciliations and tax technical research, as applicable. Role will also support VAT compliance and advisory support for the continental Europe region, liaising directly with the Indirect Tax global management team.
- Responsible for tax compliance related activities in number of European territories, including tax returns, and submission of monthly internal tax reporting.
- Making sure payments are reviewed and filed in a timely manner.
- Completing VAT filings and payments across continental Europe, including preparation of full filing from internal system data for some territories and liaison with local advisors in others to manage the VAT compliance process.
- Supporting the Region Tax Manager and Regional VAT Supervisor on tax audits and operational issues impacting tax.
- Providing advice on tax treatments for transactions in the region as required, including VAT analysis of proposed contracting structures.
- May assist with maintenance of internal controls, as required by Sarbanes Oxley Act 404.
- Ensure that appropriate monthly and annual tax accruals are adequately maintained for both direct and indirect taxes.
- Assisting with other ad hoc advisory and project work, as required, for direct and indirect taxes.
In addition to their designated area of strength, they should be generally comfortable with fundamentals across the group in which they serve.
Requires an undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field and quality commercial experience in a tax accounting environment. and/or equivalent combination of education and competency.
Applicable professional designation preferred.
Excellent personal communications skills and ability to work in team environment.