Planning, organising and implementing accounting operations and objectives;
Preparation of timely accurate monthly and yearly financial reports; reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for assigned companies with assistance from accounting support personnel;
Creating financial plans, budgets, forecasts and monthly analysis thereof
Preparation of critical fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports, draft and revised codes and ordinances;
Performing preliminary and follow-up control over the correct preparation of various accounting documents;
Evaluation of receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established regulatory standards;
Providing technical accounting support and interpretation to management and employees;
Attending and representing department at various executive meetings for the dissemination of information;
Coordinating activities with other departments as needed;
Advising on and dealing with tax issues;
Advising on and dealing with IFRS issues;
Liaising with clients (individuals or businesses), providing financial information and advice;
Executing various tasks as assigned by the management of the company;
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance;
Five or more years of experience on a Chief Accountant position;
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in
Capable of demonstrating up to date financial reporting knowledge including Statutory reporting and International Financial Reporting Standards;
Excellent knowledge of tax regulatory legal base such as corporate taxation, taxation of individuals, VAT and social security regulations;
Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook);
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision;
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required;
ACCA and CAFR member preferably
- Our client need a Chief accountant in the sense that in the next 2-3 years there will be no further development of the role (by development I mean progressing to financial controller or something similar). It is the accountancy being their strong side that he is looking for. After those 2-3 years and depending on the performance of the businesses, we’ll see if they can grow within the hierarchy.
- With a few stores in the pipeline, he is sure they will find it busy enough. Besides our Client will be developing some other businesses in Romania in the field of “Hospitality and entertainment” so they will have to face different types of challenges in the different business areas.
- Being an in house Chief accountant he like the candidates to be prepared to assemble their own support team (I mean the bookkeepers). Of course they will have to discuss the ones they approved for the finance team with him but ultimately the Chief accountant will do the selection process.
- Salary levels can be discussed with the candidates. Basically they’ll be handling 4-5 different companies (as every store is a separate entity + additional businesses in other areas) so he is expecting them to base their remuneration expectations on that.
- Flexibility and the ability to face problems with an open mind will be very important to him. The businesses are and will be more or less startups, He would like his Chief accountant to be proactive, “a problem solver”, for example - we face some kind of a problem and what he likes to see are different scenarios of how to deal with that problem, not just telling him that the problem is big and awaiting instructions how to handle it.