• E2E administration and support of the firm’s server-based infrastructure and associated technologies. (both on-prem and cloud)
• Operates the underlying infrastructure to a high standard ensuring minimal risk to the business. Follows the change process.
• Works as the technical authority for the firm ensuring growth, stability and compatibility in line with the firm requirements and that of its clients.
• Protects firm and people data by operating robust processes. • Monitors the performance and capacity of the IT systems, ensures that service levels are achieved.
• As required, being the escalation point of all incidents and/or issues that cannot be resolved by the 1 st Line (Helpdesk) team.
• Communicates effectively with management to ensure visibility of ongoing problems, incidents. • Improves the quality of services using IT Support knowledge database.
• Proactively attempts to resolve or escalate a wide range of issues.
• Managing Citrix based environment (Virtual Apps and Desktops; Endpoint Management, NetScaler Gateway, XenServer)
• Implementation and management of: o Windows server infrastructure, storage and additional data centre environment. o Microsoft Exchange (hybrid) o System centre (VMM, SCCM, SCOM) o Hyper-V cluster, essential networking. o Cloud technologies (Azure, M/O365)
• Planning and implementing of upgrades and changes to infrastructure while following operational procedures. • Recognises, and actively seeks ways to improve operational processes. 2 K7769499/0.7/21 Jul 2020
• Conducts investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement, and implements them when appropriate. Participates in reviews of systems performance and capacity, provides advice, and assists specialists or other system or service providers to plan details of amendments and upgrades to systems.
• Manages and collaborates with third party suppliers and ensures that their performance and provision of services and quality are in line with our expectations and enable us to meet or exceed service levels;
• Is involved in various IT project tasks
• Contributes ideas on how to reduce operational expenditure, identifies revenue generation opportunities and ensure the firm can continue to operate. • Ensures all systems are patched, up to date and supportable within the manufacturers lifecycle requirements. • Responsible for server room maintenance, HW stock checks and inventory lists for HW. Technical Landscape Kinstellar IT infrastructure consists of a centralised infrastructure located in a collocation data centre close to one of its offices. Technology architecture is mainly based on Microsoft Technology, Active Directory, Windows Server, MS Exchange, SQL Server and SharePoint. Local desktops and applications are delivered via Citrix remote desktop solution. There are approximately 400+ users across twelve offices.
▪ At least 3 years in a server admin role, responsible for server infrastructure in a medium to large enterprise ▪ Previous supervisory experience
▪ Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics techniques
▪ Previous experience of IT in a law firm
▪ Previous IT support experience
▪ Relevant technical qualifications
▪ Understanding budgets, forecasts, etc
▪ Experience of Call Centre telephony
▪ Experience of using a Help Desk tool
▪ Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
▪ Citrix NetScaler Gateway
▪ MS Hyper-V & XenServer
▪ Microsoft Windows Server
▪ Microsoft Windows Desktop OS
▪ Microsoft Exchange
▪ HP Proliant hardware,
▪ DELL / NetApp Storage,
▪ Microsoft Infrastructure Services (AD, DNS, DHCP)
▪ Networking Fundamentals
▪ Veritas NetBackup
▪ HP Systems Insight Manager
▪ SAN management ▪ Trend Antivirus
▪ Microsoft SQL Server
▪ Juniper networking,
▪ Server technology trends
▪ ITIL processes
▪ Firewall fundamentals
▪ Web content filtering
▪ IT Security
Education / Qualification
▪ High school qualifications
▪ ITIL Foundation certificate University Degree Microsoft, Citrix, Juniper qualifications
Languages: Fluent English