This role is very key to the local organisation!
He or She will act as a key influencer, having to lead the internal controll processes, prepare internal audits, coordinate budgeting process with the local and regional management and maintain a very good management communication in the financial and business strategy advisory.
The Business Controller is mainly responsible for the budget and forecast planning (costs and investments) and the monthly business reporting of the Business Unit, prepared by accounting. This includes analysis of results, IMS statistics and close cooperation with and monitoring of the local business.
The following goals follow this principle:
Must ensure accurate and timely preparation of local budget and forecast information
Must ensure qualified and timely monthly reporting and analysis of the business
Must ensure strong local business linkage and close cooperation with Business Controlling
Must ensure proper local accounting and finance functions as deputy Finance Manager
A. Monthly reporting and business analysis
B. Budget and forecast planning
C. Cost management
Controlling and financial processes
· Business reporting to Head office
· Local reporting (local management / business units)
· Responsible for cost and investment budget and forecast
· Support Head office functions during 5 year planning
· Analysis of business situation and market development
· Local cost management and budget control
· Special analysis given by local management and/or Head office function
· Heading of or participating in special projects
· Strong business relationship to Business Controlling (Head office in day-to-day business)
· Analysis and/or development of business processes
· Productivity analysis and ROI calculation
· Analysis of feasibility studies of new product launches
· Local implementation of controlling processes and methodologies
· Training/support of local staff in all Controlling related matters
· Headcount control vs. budget and close cooperation with HR Controlling
· Monitoring and controlling of local purchasing process
Finance Manager deputy function including
· Overall Finance Management including regularity of transactions
· Supervision of bookkeeping matters
· Management and control of local treasury, ensuring of cash-flow and functional report to Corporate Treasury
· Responsibility and preparation of various tax statements, statistics and returns
· Responsibility for all local and International statutory accounts, profit and loss/financial statements
· Control on working capital rotation and others assets
· Responsibility and preparation of documents for payment of taxes, salaries, social securities, pension funds etc.
· Providing information regarding the current regulatory framework and monitoring local structural changing needs in a highly changing law environment
· Securing and further development of local financial risk control system (IKS) in strong cooperation with Head office
· Strong business relationship to Accounting (Head office)
· Business support of all local financial IT systems
· Special tasks assigned by Finance Manager, Country Manager or Head of Business Finance Controlling (Head office)
· Excellent English language skills, other language skills preferred but not mandatory.
The listing shows the typical key tasks. The position contains further tasks that are similar to the listed ones. Some different tasks could be assigned by HQ.