Role Reports to: Country Manager Romania
The Marketing Manager will act as the primary marketing contact, responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies portfolio for the assigned products with the purpose of strengthening brands’ position on the market and increase de market share in order to reach the main promotion and marketing objectives in accordance with local and regional plans of the company.
In his role, the person is expected to lead the marketing and promotional strategy of Our Client in Romania for the company’s commercialized products in the assigned Romanian territory, as led by the Country Manager and defined by organization’s territorial goals, values and ethics. In this strategic role he will provide current and comprehensive knowledge over Our Client in Romania’s promoting products and effectively communicate their benefits.
Marketing Manager will lead a small existing team and will propose and coordinate marketing strategy for next years, according to the guidelines of marketing plans, develops annual marketing plan, prepare new directions of communication, campaigns and develop educational projects of national and/or local nature. Responsible of marketing strategies, which includes delivering branded promotional messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or/and exceeding marketing targets. Over and above, he /she is responsible for implementing into the field the local marketing/promotional plans and strategies.
• Prepares and monitors the promotion of products portfolio allocated in accordance with global and local strategy and financial resources approved (promotional materials, stands, conferences, events etc.).
• Uses market reports and internal analysis, to propose, execute, monitor and analyse marketing activities focused on product and service support, brand penetration and promotional support, and internal organization of activities focused on communication with clients.
• Coordinates the launch of new products/projects in accordance with the general strategy of the company.
• Responsible for product positioning depending on the local market particularities and for implementing the execution of the strategy.
• Monitors the performance of the promotional activities to achieve promotion targets produced by:
o Evaluation of new segments/ opportunities and improved products;
o Proposed marketing strategy, objectives and budget allocation;
o Monitoring the results of the competitor’s promotional activities.
• Coordinates the local implementation of the annual approved marketing plan.
• Analyzes and develops knowledge about the strengths / weaknesses of the competitors.
• Submits proposals for the product’s development / portfolio based on the company's business plan, adjusts plans according to the market situation.
• Performs competitive analysis. Identifies business opportunities in the market and prepares ad hoc product/market reports and their development.
• Responsible for product marketing training of promotion team staff.
• The holder of this position has jurisdiction limits to the function performed and data delegation by Country Manager.
• Ensures that all products are promoted in ethical conditions and according to legal regulations in force.
• Organizes, controls and implements the accurate execution of promotional and marketing activities.
• Applies the corporate strategy that has been agreed, under the right promotional policies, so as to achieve the departmental and corporate goals.
• Reports to the Country Manager with periodical reports for the execution of predefined action plans and competitors’ actions and directs the strategy’s implementation to the local needs.
• Cooperates with all local staff and Our Client in Romania departments for better coordination and goals’ maximization.
• Has a deep knowledge of the department’s and company’s products.
• Prepares action plans for all current and future commercial opportunities.
• Represents the company in meetings and conferences.
• Executes presentations to clients (one to one, stand alone, focus groups).
• Meets with key opinion leaders and manages effectively client relationships.
• Manages promotional /marketing materials.
• Checks the marketing budget for setting the promotional actions and continuously monitors their execution.
• Develops, recommends and executes short term and long term promotional plans.
• Follows faithfully the corporate policies and procedures as well as the business ethics codes.
• Ensures continuous compliance with all local/international Regulations, Codes of Conduct, Codes of Ethics and contracts.
• Responsibilities that are aligned with the administrative actions of the respective department, may be assigned to the holder of this position.
• The holder of this position may also be assigned special projects according to the company’s needs, such as ensuring the medical support to the promotion team, if the company has no authorized person (Medical Advisor / Manager).
Qualifications & Experience required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required, a Graduate Diploma in Pharmacy or Medicine preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience on marketing/product management, preferable in an innovative multinational pharmaceutical company, ideally from the field of Oncology, Hematology, Neurology, Cardiology, Rare Disease, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Nephrology.
• Hospitals and large account management experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to analyse complex data (clinical, market, financial, and managed care) and to develop strategic and actionable business plans.
• Team player.
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal; clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages audience and helps understand and retain messages.
• Displays strong organizational and time management skills; multi-tasks effectively; serves as a role model for completing tasks and delivering on commitments in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates a strong customer orientation; is science-based and marketing-minded.
• Proven knowledge of English language (Written & Verbal).
• Good knowledge of all applicable legislations.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Very good in market knowledge, including customers’ needs, relationships and dynamics.
• Willingness to travel at any time and operate within a professional team.
• Alwats positive and proactive attitude with ability to work under pressure of deadlines.