An exciting opportunity for a Contract Electronics Engineer to contribute to a growing electronics team. My client provide electronics solutions to Maritime Defence industry and are looking for an experienced contract engineer to work alongside the permanent team on high profile programmes with aggressive schedules. The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with the defence industry and developing military equipment.
- To interpret customer needs and requirements, to decompose and flow them down into hardware requirements.
- Conduct electronics design activities and reviews, covering full system, sub-system and individual board design.
- Ensure that the technical solution meets the customer, legislative and business requirements.
- To identify and resolve qualification, certification and safety issues.
- Review and approve project technical documentation, including: Development Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design Documents, Interface Specifications and Acceptance Tests; and the approval of design change requests and concessions.
- To support risk identification and mitigation activities.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Overseeing initial test and integration including formal testing
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Electronics or a relevant subject, additionally Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable.
- Experience of the whole product lifecycle within a defence environment and/or airborne system qualification.
- Knowledge of Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Knowledge of the EMC standards and design principles.
- Design experience with Analogue circuits and Technical refresh of legacy systems.
- Expert user of one or more PMRP and ECAD tools (CADSTAR is desirable, but all others will be considered).
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and excellent inter-personal skills.
Eligible for SC clearance as a minimum
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.