Working with the Depot Manager and the Operations Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the operations of the site. You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service by giving clear direction to the Operational team and Transport Manager, liaising with the Internal and External Sales team. You will act professionally at all times and in accordance with the company's core values. Leading by example you will be responsible for ensuring all activities are managed within the health and safety requirement and that the operational performance meets the business targets. You will be expected to implement and develop operational processes to ensure that the site runs efficiently and effectively with a view to continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Effective and efficient organisation and management of day to day tasks within the warehouse
- Assist and review operational hours to optimise performance against order volume
- Manage and co-ordinate with the Operational Team goods inwards, stock movement and returns team
- Manage and maintain fork lift truck schedule for maintenance, servicing and repairs
- Working with the Operational team, maintain a good level of housekeeping and arrange the removal of waste
- Control deliveries into site via a robust booking in system
- Provide cover for Transport Department when required
- Assist drivers in ensuring their loads are safely loaded
- Investigation and analysis of vehicle accidents, incidents, damage and driving/vehicle breeches
- Ensure all fuel required by our transport or forklifts is available at all times
- Track all costs for maintenance, servicing and defects
- Maintain open and effective two way communication with all warehouse staff, drivers and internal staff
- Identify training requirements, arrange, implement and review. Ensure records are maintained.
- Manage absenteeism including holidays and sickness with Company Policy guidelines
- To manage recruitment of staff for the Operations & Transport team
Health and Safety
- Ensure warehouse operations comply with all relevant Health and safety standards and regulations and company policy as notified from time to time.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of procedures and relevant H&S data.
- Work with the other Operations Managers to ensure that all aspects of H&S are adhered to including Fork Lift Truck competence certificates, Fork Lift Truck inspections, rack checks etc.
- Action accident and near miss reporting.
- Support the maintenance of H&S standards on site in conjunction with the Depot Manager, HR and external H&S consultants.
Experience in a similar industry is desirable(Building, Construction and Timber) but not essential.
IMMEDIATE START !!!!!
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.