Working for a worldwide leader this role is a true challenge for a plant director (even this may look to be a production manager so lower in grade but it is actually a PLANT DIRECTOR opportunity)!
Our Client is a worldwide leader of technologies and innovations that have been used by nearly every major global auto maker, resulting in + 100 million vehicles with our products and an average launch rate of 100 new applications annually spanning, gas, diesel, natural gas, electric and fuel cell powertrains.
In Romania we are currently recruiting a PRODUCTION MANAGER with a high vision, Green Belt / Six Sigma/ LEAN Manufacturing skills and proven outstanding results
Authority of the post (decisions, authority limits, signature right, validation):
The production manager directly reports to the COO in the Romanian team and has the following authority limits:
• Decides to stop production in the event of a risk of quality and / or SSM and informs the superior according to the escalation matrix
• Make an announcement of the supply and production orders of the Production department
• Approval of system documents
• Domestic: Production, Quality, Supply, Technology Operations, Launch New Products, SSM, Financial, Human Resources, HOS, Proto.
• External: clients, auditors, subcontractors
Process and Product Quality
• Responsible for achieving quality objectives on the department (scrap, PPM etc);
• Follows quality assurance on the manufacturing lines and generates the request for exemption;
• Participates in the analysis of the pieces, the causes of the nonconformities, the establishment of the corrective and preventive action plan;
• Ensures the introduction and compliance in the organization with the requirements of the quality standards applicable to all functions.
• Responsible for achieving the objectives of efficiency, productivity, WIP and MPS;
• Set monthly, in SIOP, the necessary resources for the production plan;
• Validates the weekly production plan;
• Monthly centralizes production output data;
• Provides support for the implementation of the solutions proposed by the technical department and participates in finding these solutions;
• Participate in defining the location of a production line in the field when appropriate;
• Validates the manufacturing rules;
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge Education:
• Higher technical studies
• minimum SSM inspector lecture level (40 h)
• Green Belt certification
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in coordinating a team , similar role
Professional Skills / Knowledge:
• very good knowledge of production management activities
• English (Advanced)
• Knowledge of PC operation (Word, Excel)
Other abilities / Soft-skills:
• Very good coordination and organization skills, ability to make quick decisions, result orientation, relationship skills, strategic thinking.
§ Location: Bucharest
§ Salary range: 35-40k Euro p.a. flexible according to candidate, 13 salaries per year plus 10% (annual) bonus on performance (team and individual) - all subject to negotiate according to the candidate experience and particular exposure
§ Relocation bonus can be considered /discussed
§ Company car isn’t assigned to this role yet
The best fit candidate will be able to take over a production of ~ 50% of the total production volume now of 4Mil machinery per year (ie 20 mach /minute) and with a team of 340-350 subordinates indirect (of which 3 supervisors are direct reports, each with 70-100 direct subordinated , process engineers workers , also will directly supervise quality department (with 30 people) and some admin roles too (invoicing, buyers, documentation analysts etc)
Due to the fact that production is a non- stop activity and the Employer (our Client) is a tier one for its clients, the certain skills are absolutely necessary:
- Sense of urgency and on duty with tel. even in his/her spare time, if urgent production interruption occurs
- Great empathy due to link of so many people and with various cultures
- Balanced, calm, structured
- Top communication skills, due to executive summary that this manager will have to do with the VP of Garrett on a regular basis : concise, great En skills, assertive, great summarization skills , persuasiveness, positive actions and ideas, pro-active
- The expertise required is in automotive for at least few years even as a basic engineer, ideally as production manager /supervisory level and in any case, a several year of industrial /production environments is a must
- To have coordinated min 300 people – max 500 is a must in this case
Please send your CV on email@example.com
Only eligible candidates will be contacted back!