The company is a local affiliate (over 30 FTE) of well reputed US venture (B2B commerce) which has gone through a global acquisition process.
The main challenges within the role are:
- to provide financial reporting and analysis to the local and regional management team, contributing with value-added commentary to monthly and quarterly financial results, enabling swift and accurate decision-making;
- to support SAP implementation process.
- Oversee local statutory and tax reporting in order to ensure compline as per local accounting, tax, statistical and any other reporting required by local law;
- Oversee FP&A activities for Hungary, including planning, budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, core financial analysis and other activities as needed;
- Maintain accounting controls over key processes and the related reporting systems to ensure compliance with SOX and contractual stipulations;
- Operate as a business partner to commercial and operational leader in the country while providing financial direction to the organization;
- Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail;
- Support the achievement of the country region’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial objectives for earnings and working capital;
- Support country accounting and reporting processes including group reporting while fostering a strong internal control environment, cooperation with Company Finance Service Center;
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset for each of the finance process areas,
- Manage preparation of monthly and quarterly financial analysis and materials, provide ad hoc reporting and analytics to Finance and regional leadership.
- Min 5 years of experience in relevant finance/accounting function in multinational environment;
- Advanced understanding of financial and managerial accounting concepts;
- Experience in reporting and analyzing financial information in a complex global financial information systems environment;
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP is a must, SOX experience is a strong plus;
- Excellent knowledge of tax legislation, experience of tax and statutory audit is a plus;
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP is preferred;
- Strong hands-on experience in budgeting and forecasting, analysis and reporting;
- Fluent English, native Hungarian;
- Self- motivated, highly collaborative, ability to influence at multiple levels within the organization.