A great opportunity to work with the Corporate Audit Section Manager and support the Chief Officer & President in improving our clients overall European business, by providing independent objective assurance of the adequacy of control and the management of its branches and subsidiary companies in the region. In addition helping to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of risk management controls & governance process. It's aim being to challenge and test current operational processes, champion 'best practice' and be a catalyst for business improvement.
As a Business Audit Specialist, you will be responsible for carrying out assessments and evaluations of a variety of business functions within these operations and provide constructive feedback to the operations' senior management team.
You will need to have a good level of business and commercial acumen and an excellent knowledge of working practices in several business areas.
The successful candidate will quickly become an integral member of this small team as the necessary skills and experience are developed.
- Carry out business effectiveness & efficiency audits in conjunction with Honda Corporate Governance audits for all operational and functional areas within Honda's European region.
- Support if necessary, the SOx audit process.
- Assess the utilisation of management tools and techniques such as TQM (Total Quality Management).
- Analyse business processes and advise on process optimisation.
- Prepare detailed audit reports including recommendations for improvement.
- Present findings to senior management.
- Help develop and refine audit programmes, plans and methodologies.
- Implement and maintain audit analysis methods
- Accurately log audit closure rates.
- Assist preparation of reports (Board members).
- Update the corporate audit risk matrix.
- Undertake consultancy/supplier audits when required
- Prepare reports for submission
- Update audit checklist when required.
Qualifications, skills and experience required/desirable:
- Comprehensive understanding of the normal business processes.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator at all levels within the company.
- Ability to present and discuss audit findings with senior management.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Effective team player.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail is an important quality.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding specific audit findings
- Willingness to travel frequently (estimated at 40% of the year, and typically on a weekly basis) within the region.
- Formal audit qualifications are not an immediate necessity; however, it would be beneficial to aim towards a recognised qualification e.g. ACCA or relevant Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors qualification. (Support towards qualification may be provided in line with company policy.)
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.