Designation: Head - Human Resources and Facilities Management Plant
- The role holder is responsible to Lead, Organize and Strategize the Human Resources and Facility Management functions at the Plant.
- The scope of the function encompasses Core HR activities inclusive of Talent Management, Industrial Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Recruitment, Learning, Development and Non-core HR activities like Safety, Health Management, Technical Facility Management and Environment Management Systems.
In addition to these primary functions, the role holder is also the Factory Manager, responsible for the effective discharge of statutory responsibilities pertaining to labor & facility management
Strategy / Planning / Budgeting
To develop a strategic Human Resources roadmap for the future of the organization, incorporating (where available) the organizations specific instruments, tools and processes into the overall HR dimension. The role holder is additionally responsible to:
- Formulate Human Resources Policies to develop and support the organization into the future
- Plan, Control and Monitor manpower, labor related resources and its supporting processes to ensure cost, productivity and labor efficiency objectives are satisfied
- Plan, Control and Monitor the overall Human Resources Budget which encompasses salaries, benefits, training, development and cost of services (canteen, transport, security)
- To establish the organizations related policies and practices with regards to Facility Management for the sustaniable development of the Property.
- The role holder is also required to study, advise and monitor projects pertaining to the development of the propertyand its corresponding legal approvals to ensure all legal / statutory approvals are met.Monitor implementation of projects on an ongoing basis for adherence to time, quality and budget.
- Liaise with external parties such as government bodies, suppliers, internal stakeholders including the Board of Management to secure approvals.
- Monitor performance of service providers and resolve issues escalated by team. Review forecast of budget, resource requirements for facilities, ongoing and new projects and seek approval from management on same.
To organize, develop and lead the following functions:
- To meet the Strategic Talent objectives of the Organization in areas of Acquisition, Development, Performance Management, Engagement and Exit Management
Rewards Planning & Steering
- To establish clear Rewards policies and Philosophies within the scope of the organization and the Indian Automotive Industry. In addition to this, also to steer the Plant towards achieving outlined HR Strategic & Operational objectives by incorporating agreed Human Resources Instruments.
- To establish Human Resources services policies that are tailored to deliver greater employee satisfaction and engagement. In addition to this, to steer Service Providers to meet stipulated service/operational excellence targets.
- To effectively support Expatriates arrival, departure, settling-in and overall administration during expatriate assignments (in-bound & outbound).
Learning & Development
- To create a clear footprint for the development of the workforce and the competence upskilling of the entire Organization. In addition to this, the Role holder is responsble to create the strategic thrust for the Organziation to become a evolving, learning organization.
Safety & Health Management
- Establish and create a Healthy, Safe work environment for all associates. In addition to this the role holder is responsible to lead the function in developing value adding health service to supplement employees well being
Environment Management System
- To implement practices, processes and policies which are aligned with the Environmental standards established in the organization.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- To craft Corporate Social Responsibility projects and initiatives that are algned to the Organization's strategic direction and the statutory / legal requirements.
Works Council Management
- Partner with the Works Council and to establish a strong, mutually beneficial relationship
Impact on innovations and changes
- Recommend new policies/ processes in the areas of recruitment, performance management, compensation management, welfare, health and safety. Implement and monitor the policies
- Lead, direct, motivate and develop the human resources team to ensure that the right level of service and support is provided to the Business
- Develop and lead the team of security, transport, canteen and occupational health centre employees, to ensure that the plant meets its established targets and standards
Purpose and subject of the interaction/communication with internal/external interfaces, negotiating mandate
- Strategizing and Setting up of overall objectives, goals and measurable deliverables prior to entering into agreement with service providers (for projects, facilities, health centre, security services, canteen services), training agencies and consultants.
- Partner with the Management team for the implementation of HR instruments and tools that would support the service excellence of HR as a business partner in the Plant
- The reporting of key HR deliverables at the Management Board
- Liaise with Central counterparts (PZ-AP, PM-30) and report key HR deliverables at the Plant
- Collaborate with Central CoC's to ensure that the local HR team is provided with adequate support in terms of centralized projects, initiatives and instruments.
- Liaise with Government agencies like Inspector of Factories, Labour Welfare Board, Provident Fund, Employees Statue Insurance, District Collectorate, Block Development Office, Village Panchayat Office, Fire Department, Police Department, Telephones, Postal Department, Hospitals and Mahindra World City and Other Administration Service Providers for smooth plant operations.
- Interact with all the employees, team leaders and managers to develop employees morale, and reduce conflict between the inter and intra departments.Advise departments on legal related issues (except indirect taxes
- Collaborate with Works Council to strategize and develop employee benefits, initiatives and welfare measures
Educational Background / Professional Knowledge and Experience / Other Skills
- Masters / Postgraduate Qualification / MBA
Work experience, Leadership experience
- Human Resources Generalist with strong experience in Core HR Functions and exposure to HR services functions
- Proven ability in Managing Diverse sub-functions
- Strong Leadership skills, with experience in developing Managers and Sub-Functions
- Facility Management / Technical Experience an added advantage
- Experience with Labor / Industrial Law an added advantage
- Experience in being a member of a Board of Management an added advantage
Additional skills: special skills / technical ability etc.
- Excellent communications in English (Spoken / Written)
- Knowledge of Tamil an added advantage
- High level of Integrity & Maturity
- Strategic Thinking
- Leadership Development
- Prior Union Management skills an added advantage
- Knowledge of HR related Systems
- Strong People Skills